or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

2007 C4 Grand Picasso dead battery - can't unlock car

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
epifone   
Tue Jan 08 2019, 06:46pm
Member No: #32127
Hi all.
I have a 2007 C4 GP Diesel (RHD) with a dead battery and I can't open the car.

FOB doesn't work - obviously
    Both the fob key and spare key do not open the driver side door although they both turn the lock

I've tried spraying WD40 into the lock to no avail as suggested in one post.
    I've scoured the forum looking for clues and note that some have been able to access the bonnet by drilling a hole in the upper vee of the chevron on the grill but I think that was for a Xsara.
    Some have suggested smashing a window after contacting the insurer.
    Others have suggested accessing the bonnet release cable but I think I need to access that via the wheel arch after taking off the wheel which I can't do without the lock nut which is in the car.
    Any other ideas?
    BigJohnD   
    Wed Jan 09 2019, 06:06am

Member No: #82
    Do you have some roadside assistance cover, like the Aussie AA?

Otherwise, an auto-locksmith should get you in.
    1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
     epifone (09 Jan 2019 : 06:11)
    epifone   
    Wed Jan 09 2019, 06:14am
    I have an RAC membership but the mechanic that came out to take a look had no idea how to get into it. I thought about a locksmith but I figured that if the keys don't work then a locksmith probably can't get in either.

Cheers
    Rick
    epifone   
    Wed Jan 09 2019, 11:40pm
    From my discussions with Citroen Australia I suspect that there is something wrong with the lock barrel. Anybody know where I can place a charge under the engine to provide some current to allow me to open the car with the central locking?
    BigJohnD   
    Thu Jan 10 2019, 05:32am

Member No: #82
    Accessing the battery will be a nightmare; even with the bonnet open it's tricky.

You could try jacking the car up, and attaching charger leads to the starter solenoid and to the car chassis. Easier said than done of course, but might give enough power to open the door.
    1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
     epifone (10 Jan 2019 : 15:48)
    epifone   
    Thu Jan 10 2019, 03:49pm
    Thanks, John. I'll try that but it'll have to wait until I return from interstate.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
    Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member