or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Engine Fault Error, Eco Mode & Stop/Start not Working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ashwinher   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 11:19am
Member No: #52640
Hello
Just joined the forum. I have a 3.5 year old C4 Grand Picasso with 77k kms on board. The car was running fine before I went on vacation for 4 weeks. But as I returned back and started my Vehicle. I am getting Engine fault Message, with Service and Eco Off blinking. The Faults are intermittent, but Eco is not working. Other than that the car is running fine and no issues. I tried to get the error codes read from a local mechanic and the following error codes are present( All intermittent)
P1382- Ancillary Drive belt fault in coherence between engine Speed and the Alternator speed.
U1332- Communication on LIN Error of length or Prohibited value of the reversible alternator data stream
P1536- Measurement of the brake pedal position- Incoherence between the two brake sensors detected under deceleration
U1133- Communication on LIN- The reversible alternator is confirmed absent
U1134- Communication on LIN No communication with the voltage retaining device
U1400- Registering of a fault on the LIN network

All the fault codes are intermittent.

Based on the above code looks like there is some issue with Alternator circuit or alternator itself. Someone suggested it can be due to issue with Battery also, but I do not see any battery low message.

Please suggest if any of you have faced same problem and how it was resolved. Do you know what is the cost of alternator and battery?

Thanks
rusky   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 12:47pm
Member No: #27768
RouteMaster1 had a similar issue & had the alternator replacemed.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 Ashwinher (07 Jan 2019 : 12:59)
Ashwinher   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 01:00pm
Member No: #52640
Thanks a lot. What is the cost of alternator? Looks an expensive repair..
Silvertooth   
Fri Jan 11 2019, 12:41pm
Member No: #52858
Sorry to interrupt your thread but I’m in a similar boat.

Engine fault get repaired message comes on intermittently

Also the eco mode is off, it no longer does idle stop.

Everything else seems fine

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member