or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Screen Washer Constantly Running Low

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
iscom   
Sat Dec 15 2018, 03:32pm
Member No: #20936
Over the past two weeks I find myself constantly have to top the screen wash I normally toped it up with maybe a Litre or two but last week the "Service Light" came on whilst using the washer and used 6/7 litres to top it up but again after a few hours of driving (not much rain) the Light came on whilst using the washers but this time I was was on a UK motorway so went into service station to filled the washer up so next day called into a Citroen dealer in Kent thinking there was a leek but when he looked the washer reservoir a still full but on the way back to Ireland the light came on again and needed to be top-up.
So any ideas what the problem could be? I wondering if the Headlight washers are staying on to long
routemaster1   
Sat Dec 15 2018, 03:50pm
Member No: #574
The service light is probably due to something other than low washer fluid; as far as I know, the car does not monitor the level!
Losty   
Sun Dec 16 2018, 05:37am
Member No: #44439
Mine does monitor washer fluids, and works as intended. Pretty lame it activates the service light thou.
iscom   
Sun Dec 16 2018, 06:02am
The service light only comes on when I use the screen wash and when I top up with water and use the washer the light does not come on.
But this morning I found the the car heater was not working So looks like I will be heading to my local dealer to find out what the problem is
iscom   
Sat Jan 12 2019, 05:19am
I am still having problems with screen/headlight washer constantly need topping up around 6 litres each time. Having taken the car to my dealer who tested and says no leak and all is fine. but this has only happened in the past few months and yet last year I had been driving many 1000's miles across Europe including winter months never had to top up as I am now.
So anyone have any suggestions ??
Magistrate   
Sat Jan 12 2019, 01:48pm
Member No: #1731
Logically, if you are not using the fluid it must be leaking, I would be asking the garage to make another check. On a lighter note you are sure there are no thirsty little people or fairies with straws hiding under the bonnet. I lived in Galway for 5 years but never saw any!
iscom   
Sat Jan 12 2019, 02:43pm
If I fill up and leave it over night it is still full to the top up the next morning
I am wondering if the headlight washer is staying on too long I know if I use the windscreen washer the headlight washer gives two one second burst and they say it gives a wash every so many movements of the wipers and a burst every 25 so miles, but still don't explain why it only just started to use so much water I used to top up with a less than a litre not six litres every time and low level light coming on
iscom   
Tue Apr 16 2019, 09:46am
I think I have discovered why it always needs topping up
The head light washer only works when the headlight are on, so when when I use the screen wash and the light are on it turns on headlight washers on if the lights are off they do not wash.
Today I decided to test them, I turned lights used the screen wash and head washer gave two blast of water. . a few minutes later I saw a pool of water on the ground and drip drop drip onto the floor, but the waters was not coming from underneath, but from the two right hand jets.

So I am wondering if there is a none return vale which is faulty.

So its back to the dealer who said they couldn't find any fault
iscom   
Tue May 28 2019, 10:49am
Just returned from the dealer who having a closer look now agrees that their is a non return valve that is not working and having thought a bit more about the problem logic tells me as the headlight washers are lower than the washer bottle it needs the valve to stop the water escaping out of the jets. . . Now have to wait for part/s which they say will be around a €100
iscom   
Thu Jun 06 2019, 11:07am
At last . . . had the right hand side headlight washer tube fitted the total cost was a €120.41 incl labour and Vat the tube only cost €28 if i had have known that I would have got both sides replaced at same time whilst they had bumper and grill removed

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member