or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Change rear high brake LED light

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Wed Dec 05 2018, 02:50am
Member No: #574
This is one of the items that has been introduced by law. When this occurs it doesn't make any cars produced prior to this illegal. So it is legal to drive an old car without seatbelts fitted, but if they are fitted they must be up to standard. Front wipers are a legal requirement and must work, rear wipers are not and do not. Similarly front foglights are not a legal requirement and are not tested.

There are some people who believe 'if it's fitted it must work' This is not true!
Duck999   
Sat Dec 15 2018, 04:42am
Member No: #48434
Losty wrote ...

Please do! It's very straight forward once you figure it out. And very satisfying to have a proper working 3rd taillight

Thanks Losty.

I just replaced the high brake lights - which I thought I could never have done it myself!

Like you said it is straight forward. The only initial challenge is forcing the panel open. I just loosened it and still have enough space to unfasten the bar.

Happy I saved £60!
althesandie   
Sat May 18 2019, 02:45pm
Member No: #52011
My C4 Grand Exclusive was in for the MOT and has two LEDs out on the high level brake light. Passed no bother.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member