or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

MIJ Cat-back exhaust

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ChevySoul   
Sun Nov 18 2018, 12:20pm
Member No: #52275
I went to MIJ in Walsall yesterday and had a Cat-back fitted.
Great service and the fitter wanted to fit just a new back box as he said my exhaust was in good condition.
I decided to have the system fitted from the Cat, as I will be keeping the car for several years and didn't want to have the middle section replaced at a later date.
He also told me that it would be a straight-through system, as apparently Diesel engines don't rely on back pressure, so no back box is needed!
Have to say I'm impressed. It still sounds quiet from inside the car, which is what I wanted.

wozza   
Tue Nov 20 2018, 05:41am

Member No: #2
Looks good.

Back pressure thing is a bit of a myth. An engine is just a pump. Quicker you can get air and fuel in an out the more power it’ll make.
ChevySoul   
Thu Nov 22 2018, 07:04pm
Member No: #52275
Cheers Wozza. I'm fitting an ITG Air Filter at the weekend and then getting a Re-map, so hopefully it will give me a bit of a power gain.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member