or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Xenon Retrofit to C4Grand Picasso (no nonsense newbie blind question)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
elviukai   
Fri Nov 09 2018, 12:31pm
Member No: #52478
Hello, I have Citroen C4 Picasso which have regular halogen headlights. When I enter VIN in one site I also see halogen option from the factory.

I saw it have xenon headlight washers covers, but thought it just company saving to manufacture same part for both version. Imagine my surprise when I changed air filter I noticed there is complete xenon lamps washers and hoses. I believe at some point car had accident and fitted complete front bumper from xenon equiped car? Another surprise was when message of low screen washer apeared. Capacity for non xenon is 3 liter for xenon 6liter. I bought 5 liters and all of them went to washer tank-so I have 6 liters tank.

That is quite an interesting ability to retrofit xenons. I can have xenon or bixenon (not sure) headlights (the facelifted version with transparent side markers) quite cheaply.

Anyone have real world expierence or schematic for xenon system C4 Grand Picasso?

I have
1) AT LEAST full bumper washing system and 6 liter washer tank.
2) Diagbox and Lexia software to enable xenon headlights
3) Xenon headlights

What else do I need?
Where is level sensors-in the lamp?
do I need extra headlights ECU?

I have been told that I need xenon headlights shells (have no ide what this), levelling sensors on the rear (also I have no idea what this is).

Appreciate any help, photos or shematics.

Thanks a million

I did my homwork. anything more needed?

- Click Here -

proinnsias   
Mon Nov 12 2018, 06:05am
Member No: #43821
Level Sensors feed to the ECU on the xenon ballasts - these control the height adjustment motors in the lamps to avoid the beam going too high (self-leveling)

The "Shells" are the entire lamp unit (plastics etc) which you'll need as the inner components are quite different to halogen ones. Likewise you'll need the ballasts and associated wiring if the terminals to connect to the car's harness differ.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member