or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 1.6 VTI P0011 P0014

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
devi   
Tue Oct 30 2018, 02:21pm
Member No: #51608
Hi,

I started to have problems with my C4, engine is running really weird. It has problem with accelerating, is very lazy, sometimes stalling and running rough but when i turn off the car and again turn it on, all this symptoms just disappear and car is running as it should. I bought a diagnostic tool and checked fault codes, there were 2 fault codes, P0011 and P0014.

P0011 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)
P0014 - "B" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)
A means intake, B means exhaust.

So i searched internet for any solutions. I found that these codes are connected with solenoids, one for intake one for exhaust, i also found that they do not need to be replaced, just cleaning them up is enough. I cleaned them and still have same fault codes appeared after clearing old ones. Today I replaced oil filter with oil. Still the same problem with engine and fault codes. Last thing I can do is to change timing chain, i guess. What do you think guys ? Any ideas ? Thank you.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member