or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

C4 Spacetourer USB Splitter/Carplay

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
SaintsdT   
Tue Oct 30 2018, 04:13am
Member No: #52422
Hi,

Firstly thanks for reading and as new if this is in wrong section I apologise!

We just purchased an Grand C4 Spacetourer 1.5 BlueHDi 130 Flair which should be getting delivered in next few weeks

Been looking at the media system and noticed you can use a USB stick to play music from which is great but to get apple carplay working you also need to plug into the USB socket. Does anyone know if you can use a USB splitter/hub to plug both USB stick and use Apple carplay?

Thanks again
Richard_C   
Tue Oct 30 2018, 04:28am
Member No: #46470
My C4 Pic is older, pre carplay/android auto. We have a C3 with the newer system and I tried a splitter - it doesn't work for me, no idea why as USB architecture was designed to daisychain from the outset.

Android auto does give you access to whats on the phone (via playlists, you can easily set up each album to be a 'playlist') and control it from the touchscreen. I am guessing apple carplay will do the same or similar. Unplugging the USB and plugging in the phone is a minor inconvenience but no worse than that.

At least with the Pic you have a proper place to put the phone when its connected, in the C3 it floats around in front of the gearstick.

Enjoy your new car. Our C3 has the 110bhp light turbo version of the puretech and we have had an 82 non turbo. Its a seriously impressive engine for a lightweight 1.2 3 pot, flexible at low revs and really flies if pushed.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 SaintsdT (30 Oct 2018 : 04:54)
SaintsdT   
Tue Oct 30 2018, 04:55am
Member No: #52422
Thanks for the information, will wait till get car and then have a play around. Thansk again
biowoody   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 05:27am
Member No: #52713
SaintsdT wrote ...

Thanks for the information, will wait till get car and then have a play around. Thansk again

Did you get anywhere with this? I find the apps on AA poor to navigate to albums (I can't remember the names of them all so need a good menu) so would prefer USB audio but AA for Maps and messaging.
Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member