or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: The Garage

EGS changing too late (high mph)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
crapday   
Sun Oct 28 2018, 01:00am
Member No: #11964
Hi all this is my first post in 3 years as I bought a C5 when my C4 went to carpark in the sky.

I am actually posting for my friend who has just bought a 2012 C4 VTR+ 1.6HDi with 37k on the clock.

His problem is the EGS changes into 2nd at about 16/17mph and 3rd at about 30. My C5 is 2nd at 12, 3 at 20 and 4th at 28. Also when I drove it for him the paddles didn't work. I stopped and put in into manual mode and they still did not change up/down. His wife said they worked when taken out of eco mode, I take it she meant switching the start/stop off.

Its been 3 years since I have driven a C4 and it was the 2007 C4. His EGS set up should be the same as my C5 I'm thinking as both are 2012 and 1.6 with start/stop. So any ideas why this is happening. I told them to go for a long drive as a not fully charges batter can cause loads of problems and they dont know how long the car was sitting in the dealership. They will take the car back on Monday but it would be good to have some ideas as to what the problem could be. Im the reason they got the car as I've been raving about Citroen for years and have loved my EGS gearboxes since 2010 when I got the C4 (had the sensitive in the c3 too).

Thanks again and it feels like I've come home

Gary.
FrankBullitt   
Sun Oct 28 2018, 02:08am

Member No: #19238
I believe the EGS is a ‘learning’ gearbox and adapts to the driving style - if the previous owner always drove it hard it will be used to changing up at higher RPM and will take a bit of time to get used to a different driving style.
crapday   
Sun Oct 28 2018, 06:09am
Member No: #11964
Thats what I said to him but with only 37k after 6 years sounds like its not been driven as much as it should although that doesn't mean it wasn't driven fast for this 37k miles .
FrankBullitt   
Sun Oct 28 2018, 08:27am

Member No: #19238
Growing up, there was a old lady around the corner that used to potter to the shops in her Punto 55 in the mid 90’s - it probably only did 5,000 miles a year but it wasn’t until she left the estate that she’d change out of first gear - coming down the road he car would be screaming for mercy.

No doubt it was sold at 4 years old when 20,000 on the clock and ‘one careful lady owner’!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member