or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Knocking noise on deceleration and acceleration and bumps,

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Caz2457   
Sun Sep 30 2018, 03:23pm
Member No: #51309
I have a C4 Grand Picasso on a 09 plate. We have had wishbones, anti-roll bars, bushes, brakes everything for the running gear basically replaced, but still this knocking persists, it seems to come from the other side of the bulkhead and centralised if you know what I mean. I've been thinking engine mount or gearbox mount needing replacement but Hubby says they are solid and no movement, he's of the opinion it's something to do with brakes as he said C4 had a recall for some problem with brakes, I'm at a loss, it's a proper thud, not every time we hit a bump though, as it would be if it was any running gear, (they all needed replacing as worn (as stated it happens on pick up speed and decrease speed, as well as the odd time on bumpy ground. HELPPPP!!!!! it's doing my head in.
BigJohnD   
Mon Oct 01 2018, 03:56am

Member No: #82
Steering arms/rack?
Caz2457   
Mon Oct 01 2018, 07:14am
Member No: #51309
done all of that thanks John, still no clue as to whats causing knock
BigJohnD   
Mon Oct 01 2018, 02:32pm

Member No: #82
How about engine mountings?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member