or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

ABS magnet test?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Onefut   
Sun Sep 09 2018, 09:13am
Member No: #51895
Is there a way to test the magnets in the wheel bearings?

I'm trying to troubleshoot gearbox abs/esr faults and have replaced the front abs sensors and cleaned the bearing seal face which has improved the issue but now when I set off all faults vanish from screen for about 30secs then reappear and once there stay and I cannot go above 3rd unless I engage a higher gear before the faults reappear and once I drop down a gear I cannot go back up until the car is restarted

Any ideas how I can test the magnets?
routemaster1   
Sun Sep 09 2018, 09:22am
Member No: #574
Onefut wrote ...

Is there a way to test the magnets in the wheel bearings?

I'm trying to troubleshoot gearbox abs/esr faults and have replaced the front abs sensors and cleaned the bearing seal face which has improved the issue but now when I set off all faults vanish from screen for about 30secs then reappear and once there stay and I cannot go above 3rd unless I engage a higher gear before the faults reappear and once I drop down a gear I cannot go back up until the car is restarted

Any ideas how I can test the magnets?

Not sure what you mean by magnets. The bearing are fitted with a toothed ring which interacts with the ABS sensors. Just had to have a new sensor and ring on our C3.

Like this: - Click Here -
Onefut   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 04:12pm
On the c4gp it's magnets built into the seal on the wheel bearings
Onefut   
Mon Nov 05 2018, 01:33pm
I sorted the issue it turned out the abs sensor wasn't close enough to the magnet/seal

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member