or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

Satnav update

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Mon Dec 10 2018, 04:17am
Member No: #574
After 3 and a half years, I got a message saying that there is an update for my satnav. I should either go to citroen.navigation.com or to a dealer. Several questions

1 Is it worth doing?

2 If I do it by download, how long would it take?

3 If I ask Citroen to do it, how much is it likely to cost.

For info, my system does take a postcode input; if it didn't I would probably try to update it!
DeuxChevaux   
Tue Dec 11 2018, 03:20am
Member No: #16472
My car is just over 3 years old and it popped up with the same message, I had a look at the Citroen prices and I think a single update was about £69 - I could buy a new sat nave for that so I had a look at ebay and got an update there for about £29. It came with speed camera updates and included the whole of europe although I only installed the UK maps and cameras. The camera database is a waste of time as it misses cameras, give wrong speed warnings and occasionally warns only from one (incorrect) direction so I would not pay for them to be updated. Since then I have been told that there is a forum where all maps are free and it was suggested I search for GPS Power. I haven't yet verified that information but it might be worth some research
RederOr   
Tue Dec 11 2018, 05:32am
Member No: #52600
But the navigation update is free, isn't it ? You just download the file to some pendrive (must be 16GB, FAT32 formatted, the file is ~ 10GB) and put it into the USB socket in the car. That's how I did it so far. I got 1.5 year old car - is the update paid service when car turns certain age ?
PS. I just noticed that it is hard to download something from the citroen.navigation.com so better go to:
- Click Here -
Richard_C   
Tue Dec 11 2018, 07:53am
Member No: #46470
Map updates are free for 5 years from new, but only for cars registered after September?? 2015. Before that you had to pay.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member