or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Ticking / Chuffing sound on 1.6HDi 2009 (video link included)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tom123   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 02:44pm
Member No: #49763
Hi all,

Would welcome anyone’s thoughts on this noise that I’ve started to notice over the past week. Seems like it’s getting louder but it might be just because I’m noticing it more.

The noise gets faster with revs and seems to quieten slightly with the clutch depressed whilst driving.

The timing belt was changed less than 12 months ago by the garage I bought the car from.

I searched the forums before posting and couldn’t find anyone describing the same noise but hopefully someone will have an idea on here. I’ve put a vid up on YouTube here https://youtu.be/ePNHbu4xK3M

A recent MOT indicated slight play in the offside front anti-roll bar joint - not that I think that’s anything to do with it but thought I’d include it in case.

I have a 400 mile trip to do on Saturday and I’m a bit wary about the sound so will more than likely be getting it to a garage beforehand but would welcome any thoughts. Cheers
gittos   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 03:24pm
Member No: #30055
Could be a leeking fuel injector, if it is get it seen to as soon as possible as it could wreck your turbo....at eye watering cost
tom123   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 03:42pm
Cheers, yeah the more I read about things online I agree.
Like this... - Click Here -
rusky   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 04:21pm
Member No: #27768
Injectors! Pull the cover off the top of the engine & have a look down around each injector.
tom123   
Tue Dec 18 2018, 05:05pm
Thought I’d give an update on this. The garage found an injector was rattling about they managed to get it out and thoroughly clean it up before reseating it with new seals (they found the old one to have warped). Car drove much better after that as you can imagine! Lucky I got it seen to before it seized in place. Thanks for the advice I received above.
1 User said Thank You to tom123 for this Post :
 Coliliqui (19 Dec 2018 : 13:27)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member