or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Aug 2010 C4 Picasso 1.6HDi Diesel - What Coolant type.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
PNABSKI   
Sun Aug 12 2018, 10:45am
Member No: #51642
Good Afternoon all,
I have had a good search through forum messages and to be honest I am a bit confused over what type of coolant I require. I have also searched the handbook and service manual but they don't seem to give much information on the subject. Please can anyone advise. What already seems to be in place in the reservoir is sort of dirty clear-is liquid.
Please can someone also advise on the changing of the rear break pads. I will need to attend to these in the next month or two. Is it a job that is possible to do yourself as I have done on other previous cars I've owned.
Kindest Regards
Peter.
rusky   
Sun Aug 12 2018, 01:34pm
Member No: #27768
I thought coolant was just water & antifreeze in measures given by the antifreeze manufacturer?

For the rear brakes, you need piston rewind tools one for each side/direction & release the electronic handbrake without accidentally having it reapply!
gittos   
Sun Aug 12 2018, 04:45pm
Member No: #30055
I thought the difference between the two was that coolant had anti scale and corrosion inhibitors added, but things may have changed now.

The last coolant I used came from Citroen dealer and was only a few pence dearer the local car accessory shops....and knowing I was using genuine Citroen part

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member