or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

Ruddy Rattle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TangerineTractor   
Thu Aug 09 2018, 04:42am
Member No: #45407
It'll be the aircon pipes rattling. Tehre's lots of play in tehm. My 2010 C4P was the same s my 62 DS4. My wife's Pug 308 has the same pipes but theyre much more firmly fixed.
If you pull the pipes they'll move a lot.
Jam a sponge under the pipes next to the expansion tank and where it goes in front of the bulkhead behind the expansion tanks, and a bit of gaffer tape round to stop them falling. I eventually used some of that grey foam pipe lagging for a neater job on my c4p.
1 User said Thank You to TangerineTractor for this Post :
 RichieW (24 Aug 2021 : 14:24)
RichieW   
Tue Aug 24 2021, 02:24pm
Member No: #58601
I feel your pain. After running a 2010 C1 for 12 years (where conversations had to be shouted) sitting in my 2014 C4 Selection is like being in a Rolls Royce. Trouble is now I notice every single rattle, knock, squeak and creak. Every night after work I am tightening bits. I believe I am just too fussy now. Hope you found your issue/s.
tomandjo2   
Wed Aug 25 2021, 02:13pm
Member No: #20851
dmpzsn wrote ...

Check the aircon pipes where they go close to the bulkhead, there is a mod for rattling pipes which is stick a block of foam between the pipe and the bulkhead.
Dave

I would 2nd that, alloy pipes that run up the left (RH) side to bulkhead infront of driver

The pipe clips loosen off with age.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member