or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Noises when idle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Armaghgeddon88   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 05:28am
Member No: #51648
Hi all

I have a question about noises coming from the car.

When sat in idle there is this buzzing sound that comes from something in the car. I have turned the radio off, changed gears etc but the noise is not going away. It makes the sort of noise that is similar to what the windscreen water pump makes when it is pressed in but it is just constant. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

There is a second noise while idle but it is not constant but sounds like if you tap your finger off a surface every second - can't really think of what the noise sounds like but there is a on/off tapping noise.

I will attempt to record the noise later.

Any help would be appreciated
peterjb44   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 08:45am
Member No: #32528
not sure about the first noise, but the second may be one of your belts, i would get them checked, if its the cam belt then you dont want that to snap
Armaghgeddon88   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 08:50am
Member No: #51648
peterjb44 wrote ...

not sure about the first noise, but the second may be one of your belts, i would get them checked, if its the cam belt then you dont want that to snap

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

It is an 09 plate that has only done 29k - could it still be that? I think I will get the cambelt change as it is always something that is worth getting replaced regardless.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member