or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

What are the OEM brake pads?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
walldan   
Fri Jul 13 2018, 05:55pm
Member No: #48841
When it comes to changing the pads I'd rather put on the OEM version. Does anyone know what pads were put on our cars?
iscom   
Sat Jul 14 2018, 07:45am
Member No: #20936
Log into "Mister Auto" (App or Browser) I find they have a wide selection of brake pads and disc they also give the original Citroen part number
routemaster1   
Sat Jul 14 2018, 08:40am
Member No: #574
You could just buy them from Citroen!
Duck999   
Mon Jul 16 2018, 03:16am
Member No: #48434
walldan wrote ...

When it comes to changing the pads I'd rather put on the OEM version. Does anyone know what pads were put on our cars?

Yes. Do go for OEM. I tried to save a few quid by opting for "Essentials" brake pads from dealers. End up have all four replaced with higher quality ones LESS than a YEAR! The ones I got were loose and made wierd noises when turning and reversing.
BigJohnD   
Wed Jul 18 2018, 08:15am

Member No: #82
I've used Bosch pads. Much cheaper (half the price) than from the Citroen dealer, probably the same as the brakes are Bosch.

Pads are great.
iscom   
Wed Jul 18 2018, 01:04pm
Member No: #20936
Whilst certain brands of brake pads may appear last longer if they do its at the expense of the Brake Disc. Each time I have had to replace the Original Pads I have had to replace the disc which shows several mm of wear, so I would rather change the pads more frequently than have to replace the disc due to wear
All pads have to meet EU / UK standards you only have to look at the cost what the Citroen dealer wanted to charge me and the cost what I bought 2 Disc and set of pads costing less than 100 euros
BigJohnD   
Wed Jul 18 2018, 02:31pm

Member No: #82
Asbestos is banned from brake pads these days, so the discs wear more quickly. It's standard practice to replace the discs when the pads are worn to the limit.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member