or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Heater issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
joolz   
Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:43am
Member No: #51570
The dual heat control on my Picasso has stopped working

Passenger side seems to pump out correct temperature
Drivers side pumps out HOT air and in this heat it feels super hot ( cant think of a worse time for this to happen in this heat !)
Air con doesn't work on either side

I have studied the threads on here regarding this issue and from what I have read the issue seems to be a common fault and an "easy" fix , with someone saying their mum could do it ! I have ordered part 1607044080, today I removed the trim for the drivers footwell but the part I need to change seems further up and I cannot get to it. I note from the Citroen download that it says NB remove the knee airbag. I cannot see anywhere that someone has mentioned removing the airbag ?

Is there an easy way to get to the right position, members are suggesting the fix has taken then less than half an hour but I an struggling to see how to get to the part to replace it without removing the airbag which I think is well outside my capabilities.

Please can anyone offer help as to how to easily get to the part I need to change , do I need to remove something else ?

I don't really want to have to take the car to the garage , I have the part and think that if can get to the right place I will be able to fix it . In the same breath I don't want to remove the airbag.

I have checked out YouTube for a video but sadly this is only for the passenger side

Does anyone know the easy way to access the right place for me to change the part ?

Is this issue affecting the air con too, or is this likely to be a totally separate issue ?

Your help will be much appreciated

Thanks

joolz   
Sat Jul 14 2018, 05:20am
Member No: #51570
Hi, it seems to be a common problem with an "easy" fix can someone point me in the right direction on how to get to the relevant area ( without taking out the airbag which the instruction download is suggesting ) but I can's see any members saying they have done.

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member