or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Fix panoramic sunroof blind

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
talmoshe   
Wed Jul 11 2018, 05:58am
Member No: #8440
Hi,

The blind mechanism is not working because one of the pins on one side of the rail broke, so the blind jumped back to its cylinder
It is only one pin to fix, but it seems that I need to replace the whole mechanism

Do you know if there is a repair fix for it instead of buying the whole frame?

Thanks,
Tal
jsg1163   
Wed Jul 11 2018, 06:34am
Member No: #50650
Hard to say without looking at it... can you please share some pictures of what has happened and how bad it is?

You can upload pics at - Click Here - and share the link.
talmoshe   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 06:16am
Please look here - - Click Here -
The pic shows a pin that holds the blind on the right side of the roof.
The same pin on the rail in the left side broke.
As the pin broke, the inner rail is still moving back and forward but it can't hold the blind on one pin only.
967617768002 is part number of whole inner frame including the motor and blind. Unfortunately, they can't ship it to my country.
Is there a way of replacing only the inner rail instead of the whole frame?
Richard_C   
Mon Aug 13 2018, 02:24pm
Member No: #46470
Citroen probably buy the whole sub assembly from a supplier so won't have the components. If you don't want to spend lots of money maybe you could fix and wedge the blind permanently closed (or open) and take the fuse out but you lose a useful feature of the car.

I wonder, if the 'stub' of the pin is still there could you carefully drill 2 small holes in it c. 2mm diameter side by side and insert 2 short lengths of brass or steel rod, the 2 rods side by side would have the same effect as the flat shaped pin.
2 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 jsg1163 (14 Aug 2018 : 05:56) , talmoshe (14 Aug 2018 : 07:21)
jsg1163   
Tue Aug 14 2018, 05:57am
Member No: #50650
Drilling a small hole- Sounds do-able to me to be able to fix it.

Again, its hard to comment on these kind of situations without physically being there and seeing the options.

Richard_C wrote ...

Citroen probably buy the whole sub assembly from a supplier so won't have the components. If you don't want to spend lots of money maybe you could fix and wedge the blind permanently closed (or open) and take the fuse out but you lose a useful feature of the car.

I wonder, if the 'stub' of the pin is still there could you carefully drill 2 small holes in it c. 2mm diameter side by side and insert 2 short lengths of brass or steel rod, the 2 rods side by side would have the same effect as the flat shaped pin.

2 User said Thank You to jsg1163 for this Post :
 talmoshe (14 Aug 2018 : 07:21) , boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:51)
talmoshe   
Tue Aug 14 2018, 07:24am
The 'stub' seems to be there. Drilling a hole is probably the only solution.
I could not find any "sunroof repair kit" for Citroen, especially for C4P
I can't figure out how that happened, and how silly is the fact that you have to replace the whole frame just because the pin broke
2 User said Thank You to talmoshe for this Post :
 deesto (21 Oct 2020 : 08:17) , boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:51)
Tenales   
Sun Sep 13 2020, 04:46am
Member No: #56891
Hi Talmoshe,

Did you manage to get your sunroof blind fixed? Samething has happened on my C4. I found the spare parts online but they require welding skills to attach, which is beyond me.

Thanks,
TA

2 User said Thank You to Tenales for this Post :
 deesto (21 Oct 2020 : 08:16) , boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:51)
deesto   
Wed Oct 21 2020, 08:16am
Member No: #45091
Talmoshe & Tenales. Same issue for me. how did you go about it? and cost to repair?
1 User said Thank You to deesto for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:51)
talmoshe   
Thu Oct 22 2020, 04:30pm
I bought repair part but it is not the complete spring. It is about 20cm long.
- Click Here -

It is quite tricky because you can not take out the frame, so you need to take the spring cable out, cut it at the same area where the repair part ends, cut the inner steel cable from the replacement part and screw it inside the existing cutted spring cable so they fit in each other.
For that I had to take off rhe interior top trim which is one big part from the front sun shades till the boot.
After it was off, I opened the screws from the back roller where the blind is, to get access to the rails where the spiral cable is in.
i manually turned a screw at the front of the frame where the motor is sitting to move back the spring cables till they get out of the rails. After fixing the cable I put all back at the same order.
It took half a day for me to do it alone...
1 User said Thank You to talmoshe for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:52)
Andreja   
Thu Dec 03 2020, 06:33am
Member No: #44757
Hello!

I just received the same repair kit, so I'm wondering is there a tutorial on how to remove the headliner?

Thanks!
1 User said Thank You to Andreja for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:58)
talmoshe   
Thu Dec 03 2020, 07:25am
This is the challenging part. First you need to remove the rubber that surrounds the panoramic roof. Afterwards you need to carefully remove all plastic covers from front, side and back of the car. The top internal cover will be detached from these areas until it is completely detached from all sides. Then you need to unscrew the back of the blind frame where the blind is rolled (there are 2 screws at the sides). when it is out you will see into the rail. You will need a screwdriver to turn the roller inside the motor (at the front) to push back the spring cable out.
1 User said Thank You to talmoshe for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:55)
Andreja   
Thu Dec 10 2020, 11:22am
Thanks!

I'm about to try it now, so I'll post if I'm successful.
1 User said Thank You to Andreja for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:55)
Andreja   
Fri Dec 11 2020, 04:10pm
I did it!

Everything is working as it should, and I hope it will work for a long time, given that these parts aren't OEM.

Anyway, I'd like to add that there is a way to remove the cables completely, and it's not that difficult. You have to unscrew three screws holding the blind electric motor, and take it out. After that, the cables will be free so you can take them out with a bit of pulling. I've used a flat head screwdriver to push them a bit. That way it's much easier to cut them and weld new ends.

When you return them it's important to place them at exactly the same distance! Then you reconnect the blind, pull the cables in using the screw located in the middle of the electric motor, and when it's all done the blind will not work, but that's ok! You have to turn the blind button to the closed position and press it (the outer ring can be pressed) until the blind closes completely. That way the blind will recalibrate and learn the starting position.

Oh, and be sure to get a few clips, as you will probably break a few...

And one more thing. The rails are screwed from the top, so changing the whole mechanism will require to remove the panoramic roof glass first. I think that this fix is better.

I hope that someone will find this info useful. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Happy repair!
3 User said Thank You to Andreja for this Post :
 pokra (16 Feb 2021 : 07:43) , Flatbroke1 (28 Sep 2021 : 08:25) , boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:56)
pokra   
Tue Feb 16 2021, 07:43am
Member No: #53312
Andreja, please tell me steps how to fix this sh*t. I have repair kits (two clips). First is to disassemble rubber, and then?
Munioo   
Sun Jun 06 2021, 10:14pm
Member No: #58281
Hi C4 owners,

Just recently bought GC4P 2017 FLAIR... Nice family car, great for days out. Therefore I am really gutted that just after the purchase the same fault occurred in my car.

Despite buying a car with a 2 year warranty, things like this are not covered...
Hence, it seems that my only (cost efficient) option is to do what you guys did @Andreja and @Talmoshe.
The biggest concern I have is related to fitting intrusion of the repair kit. Do you really had to Weld the cables together? Or is this some translation issue.

Please advise as necessary on how did you connect repair bit with remaining cable piece.

Regards,
1 User said Thank You to Munioo for this Post :
 boater (13 Sep 2022 : 09:57)
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member