or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Brake wear indication

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wutang   
Tue Jul 03 2018, 09:04am
Member No: #46858
2014 grand c4 Picasso

Is here any sort of brake pad wear indicator? is it electric or is it the type that makes an annoying noise when they get low?

Hoping for the second sort as mine is in for service next week and today started making a squealing noise that goes away when brakes are applied.

Richard
routemaster1   
Tue Jul 03 2018, 09:23am
Member No: #574
As far as I know there is no brake wear indicator. You should be able to get an idea of wear by inspection through the wheels.
Duck999   
Mon Jul 09 2018, 09:27am
Member No: #48434
Wutang wrote ...

2014 grand c4 Picasso

Is here any sort of brake pad wear indicator? is it electric or is it the type that makes an annoying noise when they get low?

Hoping for the second sort as mine is in for service next week and today started making a squealing noise that goes away when brakes are applied.

Richard

Second to Routermaster. No wear indicator - you really do not want one, the computer on this car is already too sensitive! Just hear out for screeching noises when braking.
Wutang   
Thu Jul 12 2018, 04:07am
Member No: #46858
yup, no indicator, had it down for new brakes in service and it was they that were causing the squealing noise. Have to say that the only sensor I do miss from my old car is the washer fluid low warning, especially as in my opinion the washer bottle is half the size it should be. old car had electronic wear sensors on the pads but only on the outer pad of each wheel so you could guarantee that the inner pad wore out first!

Richard

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member