or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

07 C4GP VTR+ Stereo Upgrade with Android Unit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Millay   
Fri Jul 27 2018, 06:17pm
Member No: #51640
Hi All spent a lot of time reading around doing homework etc before taking the plunge, i needed to get a reversing camera fitted so decided on a single din fold out android head unit from xtrons.

So got all connects to leads etc and the can bus, went to install it tonight and it wont swotch on, the stereo that is, well it does but for about half a second and then shuts off.

Looking at the wiring it sees that between the stereo and connects 2 iso harness the red (ignition +12) and yello(permanent +12) are reversed. compounded with the ignition +12 being controlled by the connects 2 controller this seems to be my problem. Tomorrow I plan to go back with a multimeter and then im going to bridge the conects 2 yellow and red on the patch lead to see if that gets me up and running. If so its a case of swapping wires around and a little soldering.

Has anyone come across this before?

Also is it possible to remove the flap that covers the stereo? Its just in the way and i would like to really remove it in a non destructive way.

Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member