or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Using Biodiesel

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mupit   
Thu Jun 14 2018, 06:40pm
Member No: #50988
Hi there, I'm thinking about using biodiesel in my car, I have a 2014 C4 grand Picasso 1.6 auto and there is a fuel station near me selling B100. Is there anyone on the forum currently using biodiesel and if so have you had any probs. I noticed there was info on the site from citroen a few years ago stating that you should use a 50/50 mix of bio and regular diesel and change your servicing to "severe". any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Jim
BigJohnD   
Fri Jun 15 2018, 04:05am

Member No: #82
I've not seen an update since then but will search…

- Click Here - The Definitive Biodiesel Guide for your C4 (2008?)
- Click Here - Official Biodiesel Fuel spec for Citroen Diesel Engines (2007)
wunny   
Tue Jun 19 2018, 02:30pm
Member No: #42824
I very nearly killed my Xsara Picasso using Bio-diesel in error. It would run for about half a mile, then cut out. It would not accelerate well and could not cope with hills without cutting out. It would always restart though.

Even changing all the fuel and filter, did not see it fully recover for 500 miles.

I was informed that it will remove all the crud from the fuel tank and fuel line and block the injectors and fuel pumps.

So use it at your peril.
BigJohnD   
Sat Jun 23 2018, 02:00pm

Member No: #82
Interesting. Since about 2007, all diesel in France contains at least 7% bio diesel. Never had any problems with my C4s in France.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member