or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Space saver holder

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
takzig   
Thu Jun 14 2018, 06:37am
Member No: #51105
Hello to all, when I purchased my 2014 C4 picasso 1.6 e-hdi it had no spare in. Just a tyre puncture repair kit. It does offer the space for a space saver spare, so I got one fitted it. My question is how to hold it in place? there is a small hole in the center of the trunk's wheel base, but is it for that? as it looks like a very thin screw fits there... is this the right hole so I can fit the original tyre holder cap? Or maybe I need to find another screw that fits and make somehow a tire holder of my own?
FrankBullitt   
Thu Jun 14 2018, 11:55am

Member No: #19238
Hopefully this thread is of use to you;

- Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 takzig (4 Days ago)
takzig   
Thu Jun 14 2018, 04:00pm
Member No: #51105
thanks Frank, but not exactly the same problem here. I fitted a 16 '' 125/85/16 in the trunk and seems to level good until the top floor cover. I am just asking about the screw type cap that holds the tire on place... isn't there supposed to be one? well i got a 6mm screw that i managed to pass from a hole of an old suzuki swift "space saver holder" I found. I then hold it in place with a bolt and screw it on the middle hole in the center of my trunk, right under the spare wheel. It seems to work so I will post some photos of the modification. So is that what that hole in the middle of the trunk's well is for after all?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member