or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

blooming fuses in glovebox

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Grumpy GrandPa   
Mon Jun 04 2018, 01:33pm
Member No: #10746
C4 VTR+ 2011 blooming fuses.
The internal ones, in glove box, are neigh on impossible to get at. It's a right rats nest in there.

Has any got photo of positon of radio fuses please - seem to be 15A acc to handbook? Took one out, thought put it back in correct place but radio is dead . . . . . .

ALL I wanted to do was to use a piggyback fuse to hardwire a dashcam into the C4

Can the large connectors be removed in order to gain easy/easier access to the fuses?

Grumpy GrandPa   
Tue Jun 05 2018, 02:44pm
Member No: #10746
hmmm.. Done it. Took a lot of faffing around inc removing the glovebox but when I got it soretd it all worked BUT didn't turn off with the ignition as was piggybacking onto the radio fuse.
Used another fuse slot - F13 cigarette lighter - so the dash cam came on and turned off with the ignition.
Hiding the wires in the a pillar and roof lining was easy.
Interesting how I always seem to have a couple of screws or plastic pop studs left over after such a job.. . . . just as well i am not a surgeon

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member