or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

New Free ConnectNav App for Windows 10, 8 & 7

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Mon May 14 2018, 12:21pm
Member No: #49774
Thanks!

Duck999 wrote ...

- Could date columns be sortable?
- A tip telling users that double-clicking on a row will display details of the trip. I found that out by accident!
- Show fuel consumption (or MPG?) on the main window because that's one of the most things to know about a trip.

Sorting on the date columns is actually more difficult that you might think! There's no reason that I can't do it though. Watch this space.

Tooltip? Easy. No problem. By the way, there is a short user guide here : http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org/howtouse.html

I personally would list MPG. Which one do you want?

Duck999 wrote ...

More challenging things:
- A way to quickly see the trips and total trip information for a specific day or time period?
- Graph over time showing MPG for distance groups e.g. 1-10mi, 11-20 mi etc. so to see when MPG starts to drop - may indicate car may need servicing?

There's more but I'll stop here

Total trip information is currently being worked on as one of my many "reports".

Graph MPG over distance? Yes, but as with the date sorting, it's a "watch this space". It's exam season so I'm a bit preoccupided.

stoic   
Mon May 14 2018, 02:22pm
Duck999 wrote ...

- Could date columns be sortable?

Until the next release simply click on the "Trip #" column as the trips are already in date/time order.
stoic   
Thu May 17 2018, 06:26pm
V0.13β, 17/05/2018
NEW VERSION!
Download here : http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org

In short I have added the ability to print and run reports on the imported data.
(1) The settings window has had a total redesign. You can now configure values for currency prefix (eg "£"), currency suffix (eg "GBP"), and fuel cost per litre.
(2) Also in the settings window you have the option to set the registration and car name associated with each VIN. Double click each cell to edit the data.
(3) "DVSA" button added to the main screen. This will search the DVSA database for any valid UK car or motorcycle registration number, and display all information found on that vehicle.
(4) VIN box drop-down box updated to show car registration and name. I hope this will be a bit more meaningful that just a VIN.
(5) The map buttons on the Trip Detail window now allow you to view each GPS location in Google Maps, Bing Maps, Here! Maps, TomTom Maps, OpenStreet Maps, Google Satellite, Bing Satellite, Here! Satellite, Google Street View, and Bing Street View (where available).
(6) Added "Fuel Cost" calculation to the Trip Detail window.
(7) Added "Trip Report" button to the Trip Detail window. This displays the trip information on a formatted page and allows the user to print preview and/or print the report.
(8) On the main window, multiple trips can now be selected. Use CTRL+Click to change your selection one trip at a time, SHIFT+Click to select/deselect ranges of trips, and CTRL+A to select all your trips.
(9) A "Reports" button has been added to the main window. With one or more trips selected, you can run different reports on the trip data. All reports a fully printable. If the selected report involves a map or a graph, an active internet connection is required.
DVSA Report - searches the DVSA for vechicle details using a valid UK vehicle registration number.
Individual Trip Report - displays all the available captured and calculated data on a single trip.
Trip Report - will display a brief list of information on each selected trip.
Detailed Trip Report - will display all information obtained on and calculated about each selected trip.
Totals Report - will display a sum of all the critical data from the selected trips.
Trip / Consumption Report - a line graph for the fuel consumption for all the selected trips.
Trip / Distance Report - a line graph for the distance travelled during each of the selected trips.
Distance / Consumption Report - a scatter chart of distance against consumption for the selected trips.
Destination Map - a map with all of the selected trip destinations identified.

If you have used any of the previous versions, you may get a message "Could not read the settings file. The settings file has probably been upgraded. Use "Settings" to re-configure MyConnectedCar." This means that I have added new options or changed a few things. Either go to "Settings" and reset the settings, or delete the "settings.json" file that can be found in the same directory as the MyConnectCar application.

jsg1163   
Fri May 18 2018, 06:09am
Member No: #50650
To the developer of this app:

Can you please share the screenshots of what you are doing so people like myself who haven't the SMEG+ cars can also see and appreciate your work

Thanks

stoic   
Fri May 18 2018, 06:22am
My login does not allow the ability to upload screenshots, otherwise I would done so already.

Anyway, there are lots of screenshots on the little web site that I have set up....

http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org/howtoexport.html
http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org/howtouse.html
http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org/reports.html
bluehdi   
Fri May 18 2018, 11:52am
Member No: #2617
jsg1163 - If your C4GP is a 2014 model, then you should have the SMEG+ system installed in your car.

Stoics great software should work fine, if you take the exported data from the MyCitroen app and import it in.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 stoic (18 May 2018 : 12:56)
stoic   
Wed May 23 2018, 05:19am
People have mentioned to me that there are other things that they'd like added to MyConnectedCar. Speak now, and I'll look into adding extra features if possible.
stoic   
Fri Jun 01 2018, 11:41am
A new version is available!!

Lots of new things. Speed camera locations, POI searching, weather report to name but a few. See http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org to download this version.

V0.44β, 01/06/2018
Through no fault to MyConnectedCar, all models of compatible car seem to sometimes not save location data for a trip. This is a peculiarity of the car or car firmware and not a bug in MyConnectedCar.
I have tinkered with using Google, Bing, TomTom and Here! libraries. They offer some fantastic data and functions, however would cause MyConnectedCar to become prohilitively expensive!

1. MyConnectedCar has now been tested and works on files form a C4GP ConnectNav, C4GP SMEG+, C4GP No-Navigation, and a Peugeot 3008.
2. Trip Report and Detailed Trip Report updated to account for differences in the C4GP No-Navigation export files. (Maintenance Days and Fuel Autonomy are not recorded).
3. New Trip Speed Report with average speed line, added to the Reports page.
4. Added Average Consumption line to Consumption Report.
5. Added Average Distance line to Distance Report.
6. Main trip list window. The columns can now be dragged to re-order them to how you wish. The order that you dragged them to will not be saved once the application is closed.
7. Individual Trip window (double click windows) set to fixed / non-sizeable as there is currently no point changing the window size.
8. Individual Trip window - more than one version of this window can be opened at the same time so that users can compare results / data.
10. Major redesign of Trip window layout!
11. New Weather Report buttons added to the trip detail window. This reads - Click Here - and displays the current 7-day forecast for the start, end and destination locations.
12. New Route button added to trip details window. This will either display a Google route from Start to End point, or Start to Destination via the End point. As you will have already driven a route between these point (!), this option is simply included so that you can see traffic etc along a possible route.
13. New Safety Camera buttons added to the trip details window that, when clicked, will display all the local safety cameras around the start, end and destination locations. Camera location information comes from OpenStreetMap. This report opens in a built in report window – not an external browser.
14. New POI button added to the trip details window. This reads Points of Interest from OpenStreetMap and pinpoints them on a Google map accordingly. All POI data comes from OpenStreetMap.
15. Click on all push pins in all maps from Google Maps to see extra information.
16. Destinations Map in Report window has been renamed End Locations Report.
17. New Start Locations Map added to Report window.
18. Start Location Map and End Locations Map now opens in the report window rather than a separate browser window.
19. VIN Combobox – bold, larger font.
20. Setup – The Save button is now the default button. This means you can hit Enter/Return to save.
21. Autoselect after import – If your MYC/MYP file only contains the data for one car, the list will be populated with trips from that car. Basically one less click required if you only have data for one car.
stoic   
Fri Jun 08 2018, 04:29am
New Version Available!

Not loads done this time, however there is now a new installation program has been written to properly install MyConectedCar.

V0.99RC, 01/06/2018
(1) All the files have been compressed into a proper install program that will create MyConnectedCar shortcut icons etc.
(2) Currency suffix and prefix : Whilst they were being saved, you had to close MyConnectedCar and reopen it to action the change. Fixed.
(4) Start and End Location Reports : Trips with no location recorded (due to MyCitroen/MyPeugeot) are now ignored and will not cause a JavaScript error.
(5) MyConnectedCar has been tested and works on data from a Peugeot 2008.
(6) "Display Very Short / Stationary Trips" check boxed added to Settings page. If the car is turned on and then off, the MYC/MYP files record a journey of about 0.11km. From now on by default "stationary trips" will no longer be displayed. To reset MyConnectedCar to display all trips (regardless of length) trick/check this box.
(7) Trip Report - Added dials displaying average speed, fuel level and consumption.
stoic   
Wed Jun 20 2018, 01:15pm
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE!

I do not have anything else on my list, so this may be my last release for a while. If anyone has any ideas, then please let me know.

Reports have had a major overhaul. I am excited to announce that elevation details have been added to numerous reports, and the graph engine has been upgraded to also offer column charts as well as line charts. See below for more details.

V1.11, 19/06/2018
(1) Elevations have now been added to MyConnectedCar. This is something that I’ve been wanting to add for ages, however have only just found a free online database to use. SMEG+ systems do occasionally store elevation in their MyCitroen/MyDS/MyPeugeot files, however I have yet to find any data files with meaningful / understandable elevation values.
(2) Elevations added to Trip Details window.
(3) Elevations to Individual Trip Report.
(4) Elevations added to Detailed Trip Report. Due to this the Detailed Trip Report to take a little more time generate. Each request for an elevation from this online database takes time (< 1/5s ish). To revert back to the previous faster Detailed Trip Report without the elevation data, simply un-tick the new setting in the Setup window.
(5) Totals Report now contains elevations. As (4) above, to revert back to the previous faster Totals Report without the elevation data, simply un-tick the new setting in the Setup window.
(6) Elevation units (meters or feet) added to the Setup window. NB: Elevation is recorded to the closest meter. If you change the elevation unit to feet, I display the units to the closest 1’. To convert meters to inches, I multiply meters by 39.3701. This does give me a value in inches, but as the original elevation is only accurate to 1 meter, I have decided to only display imperial elevation to 1’ (1 foot), however technically I should display it to the closest 3.28 feet!
(7) NEW Elevation Report with a trendline (line of best fit) to illustrate the general direction trend.
(8) NEW Column Chart option added to Consumption, Speed, Distance and Elevation reports. The column charts are if you want a per trip display. The lines charts have been changed to display the information according to date and time or distance rather than per trip. For instance a Line Chart Elevation Report gives an interesting result as the line gradient represents the actual gradient climbed.
(9) Distance / Consumption Report
- Added a trend line to the scatter graph in the hope that this will help with understanding the consumption data.
- Axes labels now non-italic so should be easier to read.
- Tooltip for each point updated to be far more detailed and helpful.
(10) Speed Report, Distance Report, Consumption Report
- Removed average line as an average of an average is not “mathematically correct”.
- Added a trend line in the place of the average line.
- X-Axis points are now spaced according to the recorded date and time.
- Tooltip for each point updated to be far more detailed and helpful.
(11) Individual Trip Report – if no destination location is stored, no destination label will be displayed.
(12) “Thanks” added to Setup screen to credit any free online databases that I have used.
stoic   
Thu Jun 28 2018, 03:04pm
I am about to release a new version of MyConnectedCar that is multilingual. Please let me know if you would be willing to provide a translation for MyConnectedCar. I can provide the language files in text, excel and word format. Thanks
stoic   
Fri Jul 06 2018, 07:29am
V1.23 is avaiable now!! http://psatripmanager.zapto.org

(1) Renamed MyConnectedCar to PSA Trip Manager as there is already a rather poor Vodafone app called MyConnectedCar.
(2) This is a major update as you can now choose PSA Trip Manager to be in English, French or Italian. Many thanks to my translators.
(3) The Trip Details windows has been redesigned maintly to fit the French and Italian translations.
(4) Three new maps have been added to the Trip details menu. Ordnance Survey, Waze and Google Earth.
stoic   
Thu Jul 12 2018, 01:36pm
V1.24, 12/07/2018 is available now!

(1) The Portuguese language has been added to PSATripManager. This means that PSATripManager is now available in English, French, Italian, and Portuguese.

As usual you can download it from http://psatripmanager.zapto.org
stoic   
Sun Mar 24 2019, 06:12am
A few people have noticed that my website is down. Sorry, I took it down as I needed the site for something else.

Anyway, the PSA Trip Manager files can still be found on OneDrive at A few people have noticed that my website is down. Sorry, I took it down as I needed the site for something else.

[edited]
Anyway, the PSA Trip Manager files can still be found on OneDrive at https://goo.gl/LoZBXk
jsg1163   
Sun Mar 24 2019, 11:03pm
Member No: #50650
Getting an error:

Error 404 - Document Not Found

The requested URL or file could not be found on this server at the location specified. The link you followed is probably outdated and the file has been moved or deleted.

Please click here to go to this site's home page

Please click here to go to this site's search page

stoic wrote ...

A few people have noticed that my website is down. Sorry, I took it down as I needed the site for something else.

Anyway, the PSA Trip Manager files can still be found on OneDrive at https://goo.gl/pqbVqX

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member