or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

Android auto and any other advice please

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Jamie_w   
Fri May 21 2021, 12:17am
Member No: #58192
Hi all,

I've put a refundable deposit down on a 67 plate gc4 in feel trim (1.2) which I will test drive on Sunday and am finding it difficult to find out if it should have android auto, can anyone shed any light?

Buying from a car supermarket so don't trust the description as it appears it was available on face-lift models...? The description mentions mirrorlink but not AA if that helps.

Also, any other advice for a newbie would be massively appreciated; things to look out for/check on the test drive etc.

Thanks all,

J
routemaster1   
Fri May 21 2021, 12:26am
Member No: #574
If it supports mirror link it should support Android Auto. It should be on a facelift version. If you look at the chevrons on the rear door, pre-facelift cars have chrome chevrons, post facelift cars have black plasticky ones. Hope taht helps.
vexorg   
Fri May 21 2021, 04:38am
Member No: #48843
Might be cheaper muying an iphone than android being the main factor in your car choice....
EJCitroen   
Fri Mar 04 2022, 04:07pm
Member No: #55487
The post facelift cars have android auto, CarPlay and mirror link so you should be good regardless of what phone you have.

As your car was registered in 2017 I’d say it’s safe to say it will have these features.

Richard_C   
Mon Mar 07 2022, 02:14pm
Member No: #46470
With the mid 2016 facelift came AA, a few trim changes and a name change. Pre facelift it was VTR, VTR+, Exclusive, after facelift it was Touch, Feel, Flair, and afik the 1.2 was never available on the pre facelift.

So - if it's a 1.2 Feel it should have AA.

Some very early 2017 C3s had apple carplay and needed a firmware update to get AA working but I don't think that was the case with the C4 Picasso.
routemaster1   
Tue Mar 08 2022, 02:52am
Member No: #574
Richard_C wrote ...

With the mid 2016 facelift came AA, a few trim changes and a name change. Pre facelift it was VTR, VTR+, Exclusive, after facelift it was Touch, Feel, Flair, and afik the 1.2 was never available on the pre facelift.

So - if it's a 1.2 Feel it should have AA.

Some very early 2017 C3s had apple carplay and needed a firmware update to get AA working but I don't think that was the case with the C4 Picasso.

Our 2016 C3 had Android Auto and Google Maps. Was the issue specific to Apple?
Richard_C   
Wed Mar 09 2022, 05:17am
Member No: #46470

Our 2016 C3 had Android Auto and Google Maps. Was the issue specific to Apple?
[/quote1646824325]

No, it was just AA. The first batch of 'new' C3s in the UK had firmware that needed an update to get AA working, probably an unintended glitch, the hardware was fully compatible. (decent) Dealers did it for free. Although it only affected early cars they didn't all get sold straight away.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member