or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Cruisecontrol en parking sensors not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JCA   
Mon May 14 2018, 11:27am
Member No: #51178
When i want to use CC i get the error Bleep and SERVICE on screen.

I already replaced the brake sensor and i red that the LIM 0 REG button on the steeringwheel also can give an error message so i scrolled hard trough the buttons but they seem to make good contact.

I plugged my car in the garage in the computer and the error message says there is something wrong in the wiring from the brake sensor.

And it also says there is a faulty cable on the inner rear right parking sensor.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on that to do now? Can i reach the rear parking sensor trough only dissasamble the small plastic rear pannel? Instead of removing the whole rear bumper.

Sorry for my bad english, im from the Netherlands.
JCA   
Mon May 14 2018, 11:59am
Member No: #51178
Well that was fast, but i just drove home and pushed a few time hard on the LIM 0 REG scroll wheel in the steering wheel and voila Cruisecontrol worked.
I had to brake so the WHOOOOHOOO moment didn't last for very long, but on a straight road it turned on again and immediately stoped with the *BLEEP and SERVICE message.

So i thought lets scroll trough the modes again a few times and indeed it worked again, this time for a lot longer until i had to brake.

I'm so happy. i only need to know now how the take the connectors of the wheel so i can clean the contacts. I must be some dirty contacts that causes the failure.

What do u guys think?
rusky   
Mon May 14 2018, 02:38pm
Member No: #27768
Spray electrical contact cleaner in there & rotate the wheel a few times.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member