or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

c4 GP 1.6 hdi engine hesitate under load

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Krydomon   
Sat May 12 2018, 03:26am
Member No: #50036
Hi. 6 months ago I bought a c4 picasso 1.6 hdi. It turns out that the car had few issues.
I have changed egr valve, twice, maf sensor, twice, glow plugs and the map sensor. But after weeks of being with mechanic, he is unable to fix the hesitation on the car. It happens only under load or on incline. Car got pending code p0409, but it will disappear after engine restart.
Car is working fine when Maf sensor is unplugged. New sensor will not fix the hesitation.
I find a air leak close to air doeser. Got it fix (made a new gasket). But it made no change to the hesitation. I just running out of ideas what can be wrong with the engine.
Any advice will be appriciated.
Thanks

rusky   
Sat May 12 2018, 05:20am
Member No: #27768
Everything you've posted points to the EGR valve. Were both the replacements new or used?
Krydomon   
Sat May 12 2018, 05:34am
Member No: #50036
Both were new. So I was wondering if is possible that the car ECU is locked on bad EGR learning values as it was left with bad EGR for long time by previous owner ? is there any way to confim that ?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member