or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

New Free ConnectNav App for Windows 10, 8 & 7

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Fri May 04 2018, 10:23am
Member No: #49774
PSATrip Manager

[Updated 12/07/2018] NEW VERSION AVAILABLE!
I have written a new application for Windows 10, 8 & 7 that reads MyCitroen (.MYC) and MyPeugeot (.MYP) files and displays the captured and calculated data. It's available for download here :
http://psatripmanager.zapto.org.

In the MyCitroen app, click on the head and shoulders icon in the top right, click "settings", then "driving data" and finally "Export". Either save the file or email it to yourself. You need to load this file into the PSA Trip Manager app.

Unzip the file you downloaded, PSATripManager1_24.zip, and save the files somewhere on your computer. Double click on PSATripManager.exe and click on the "Import" button on the top left on the window and load the file that you exported from the MyCitroen app (it will end in .myc). If everything loads OK, you should see a dropdown box appear with a list of VINs in it. Select the VIN that corresponds to your car. You will then get an overview list of all your trips. Double click on a row to display all the data for that trip. The overview list has column titles, click on various titles to sort the columns alphabetically or numerically.

V1.24, 12/07/2018
(1) The Portuguese language has been added to PSATripManager. This means that PSATripManager is now available in English, French, Italian, and Portuguese.

V1.23, 06/07/2018
(1) MyConnectedCar has been renamed to PSA Trip Manager.
(2) PSA Trip Manager has been made multilingual! Initially on release, there will be English, French and Italian versions, however Portuguese is currently being worked on too.
(4) Trip Details window has had a complete redesign to accommodate the new languages.
(4) Trip Details window – Map button menus – Three new maps added – Ordnance Survey, Waze, and Google Earth.
(5) Trip Details window – Menu with weather conditions added – Cloud, Rain/Precipitation, Pressure, Temperature, UV and Wind maps.

V1.11, 19/06/2018
(1) Elevations have now been added to MyConnectedCar. This is something that I’ve been wanting to add for ages, however have only just found a free online database to use. SMEG+ systems do occasionally store elevation in their MyCitroen/MyDS/MyPeugeot files, however I have yet to find any data files with meaningful / understandable elevation values.
(2) Elevations added to Trip Details window.
(3) Elevations to Individual Trip Report.
(4) Elevations added to Detailed Trip Report. Due to this the Detailed Trip Report to take a little more time generate. Each request for an elevation from this online database takes time (< 1/5s ish). To revert back to the previous faster Detailed Trip Report without the elevation data, simply un-tick the new setting in the Setup window.
(5) Totals Report now contains elevations. As (4) above, to revert back to the previous faster Totals Report without the elevation data, simply un-tick the new setting in the Setup window.
(6) Elevation units (meters or feet) added to the Setup window. NB: Elevation is recorded to the closest meter. If you change the elevation unit to feet, I display the units to the closest 1’. To convert meters to inches, I multiply meters by 39.3701. This does give me a value in inches, but as the original elevation is only accurate to 1 meter, I have decided to only display imperial elevation to 1’ (1 foot), however technically I should display it to the closest 3.28 feet!
(7) NEW Elevation Report with a trendline (line of best fit) to illustrate the general direction trend.
(8) NEW Column Chart option added to Consumption, Speed, Distance and Elevation reports. The column charts are if you want a per trip display. The lines charts have been changed to display the information according to date and time or distance rather than per trip. For instance a Line Chart Elevation Report gives an interesting result as the line gradient represents the actual gradient climbed.
(9) Distance / Consumption Report
- Added a trend line to the scatter graph in the hope that this will help with understanding the consumption data.
- Axes labels now non-italic so should be easier to read.
- Tooltip for each point updated to be far more detailed and helpful.
(10) Speed Report, Distance Report, Consumption Report
- Removed average line as an average of an average is not “mathematically correct”.
- Added a trend line in the place of the average line.
- X-Axis points are now spaced according to the recorded date and time.
- Tooltip for each point updated to be far more detailed and helpful.
(11) Individual Trip Report – if no destination location is stored, no destination label will be displayed.
(12) “Thanks” added to Setup screen to credit any free online databases that I have used.

V0.99RC, 01/06/2018
(1) All the files have been compressed into a proper install program that will create MyConnectedCar shortcut icons etc.
(2) Currency suffix and prefix : Whilst they were being saved, you had to close MyConnectedCar and reopen it to action the change. Fixed.
(4) Start and End Location Reports : Trips with no location recorded (due to MyCitroen/MyPeugeot) are now ignored and will not cause a JavaScript error.
(5) MyConnectedCar has been tested and works on data from a Peugeot 2008.
(6) "Display Very Short / Stationary Trips" check boxed added to Settings page. If the car is turned on and then off, the MYC/MYP files record a journey of about 0.11km. From now on by default "stationary trips" will no longer be displayed. To reset MyConnectedCar to display all trips (regardless of length) trick/check this box.
(7) Trip Report - Added dials displaying average speed, fuel level and consumption.

V0.44β, 01/06/2018
Through no fault to MyConnectedCar, all models of compatible car seem to sometimes not save location data for a trip. This is a peculiarity of the car or car firmware and not a bug in MyConnectedCar.
I have tinkered with using Google, Bing, TomTom and Here! libraries. They offer some fantastic data and functions, however would cause MyConnectedCar to become prohilitively expensive!

1. MyConnectedCar has now been tested and works on files form a C4GP ConnectNav, C4GP SMEG+, C4GP No-Navigation, and a Peugeot 3008.
2. Trip Report and Detailed Trip Report updated to account for differences in the C4GP No-Navigation export files. (Maintenance Days and Fuel Autonomy are not recorded).
3. New Trip Speed Report with average speed line, added to the Reports page.
4. Added Average Consumption line to Consumption Report.
5. Added Average Distance line to Distance Report.
6. Main trip list window. The columns can now be dragged to re-order them to how you wish. The order that you dragged them to will not be saved once the application is closed.
7. Individual Trip window (double click windows) set to fixed / non-sizeable as there is currently no point changing the window size.
8. Individual Trip window - more than one version of this window can be opened at the same time so that users can compare results / data.
10. Major redesign of Trip window layout!
11. New Weather Report buttons added to the trip detail window. This reads - Click Here - and displays the current 7-day forecast for the start, end and destination locations.
12. New Route button added to trip details window. This will either display a Google route from Start to End point, or Start to Destination via the End point. As you will have already driven a route between these point (!), this option is simply included so that you can see traffic etc along a possible route.
13. New Safety Camera buttons added to the trip details window that, when clicked, will display all the local safety cameras around the start, end and destination locations. Camera location information comes from OpenStreetMap. This report opens in a built in report window – not an external browser.
14. New POI button added to the trip details window. This reads Points of Interest from OpenStreetMap and pinpoints them on a Google map accordingly. All POI data comes from OpenStreetMap.
15. Click on all push pins in all maps from Google Maps to see extra information.
16. Destinations Map in Report window has been renamed End Locations Report.
17. New Start Locations Map added to Report window.
18. Start Location Map and End Locations Map now opens in the report window rather than a separate browser window.
19. VIN Combobox – bold, larger font.
20. Setup – The Save button is now the default button. This means you can hit Enter/Return to save.
21. Autoselect after import – If your MYC/MYP file only contains the data for one car, the list will be populated with trips from that car. Basically one less click required if you only have data for one car.
2 User said Thank You to stoic for this Post :
 AndrewM (04 May 2018 : 11:40) , bluehdi (05 May 2018 : 06:36)
AndrewM   
Fri May 04 2018, 11:40am
Member No: #34563
Well done Stoic. I will try it out over the weekend.

Thanks.
bluehdi   
Sat May 05 2018, 03:00am
Member No: #2617
Great stuff.

Any chance of support for .myp files so I can test it with my Peugeot 3008? The Peugeot NAC system is the same as the Citroen system.

I've loaded it up, but its looking for .myc files, so my exported data isn't recognised.

Just a point of interest, there is a spreadsheet based analysis system available over on the French Peugeot forums, which takes the exported data and presents it within Excel. This was relevant to SMEG+ units, but the principles of taking the data from the MyCitroen or MyPeugeot phone apps are the same. You may find it of interest, as I have dabbled with this as well and it works pretty well with app exported files:

- Click Here -

My original posts about this (when I had my C4 Grand Picasso with the SMEG+ unit) are here:

- Click Here -

- Click Here -

Any queries, please let me know.
stoic   
Sat May 05 2018, 06:55am
bluehdi wrote ...

Any chance of support for .myp files so I can test it with my Peugeot 3008? The Peugeot NAC system is the same as the Citroen system.

I've loaded it up, but its looking for .myc files, so my exported data isn't recognised.

Click "Import" , and then in the bottom right of the window, click on "MyCitroen Export File", and then select "All Files (*.*)". That should allow you to load the .myp files. If they are truely compatible, it'll only take me 30 seconds to add a "MyPeugeot" option.
stoic   
Sat May 05 2018, 07:41am
bluehdi wrote ...

Just a point of interest, there is a spreadsheet based analysis system available over on the French Peugeot forums, which takes the exported data and presents it within Excel. This was relevant to SMEG+ units, but the principles of taking the data from the MyCitroen or MyPeugeot phone apps are the same. You may find it of interest, as I have dabbled with this as well and it works pretty well with app exported files:

There are two types on export files that MyCitroen produces. .csv and .myc files.

.csv are simply "Comma Separatated Variable" files that have been used by speadsheet programs such as Excel ever since there were computers. I teach A Level, and reading CSV files is considered very "GCSE". Any speadsheet program should be able to read them.

The MYC (and probably MYP) files are JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) files. These are harder to read and understand, fits the A Level syllabus well, and is why I used them!
bluehdi   
Sat May 05 2018, 11:09am
I had tried that, but I receive the following error:

Cannot convert MyCitroen export file.

Cannot convert null to 'double' because it is a non-nullable value type.

Click OK

Interestingly, before my C4 Picasso (2014) with SMEG+ unit was traded in, I exported all the journeys from the MyCitroen phone app. I also tried to import that file (a .myc file) and I get the same error as above.

bluehdi   
Sat May 05 2018, 11:12am
I could always drop the .myc file (and/or the .myp file) through to you for you to look at?
stoic   
Sat May 05 2018, 03:16pm
@bluehdi
I've PMed you my email address. Email me both myc and myp files and I'll have a look.

The old spreadsheet versions look fun. I could add graph drawing capabilities easily. Google do some very interesting graph drawing libraries.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at adding the ability to read the DVLA database that tells you about your car details and MOTs etc.
stoic   
Sun May 06 2018, 02:51am
bluehdi wrote ...

I could always drop the .myc file (and/or the .myp file) through to you for you to look at?

I'm assuming it was you who sent me the MYC file?

The file contains a lot less data than the MYC files I've been testing from my car. For instance on your data there are no satnav locations recorded. I'll look into this but no guarantees.
stoic   
Sun May 06 2018, 05:16am
I've uploaded a new version so have updated the original post above - please re-read to find a new download link and a description of all changes and additions.
bluehdi   
Sun May 06 2018, 06:39am
Brilliant stuff.

Yes it was indeed me that dropped the .myc data file through from my 2014 C4GP (pre-facelift) SMEG+ unit. Should have put my bluehdi id. on the email!

Having tried the new version, it now successfully imports this .myc file, and it also now works with my new 3008 NAC connected system (.myp) file, so its very useful. The actual Peugeot system is pretty much identical to the Connected Citroen system. apart from being a bigger touchscreen.

Very handy indeed to be able to see all of the trip details and some nice little feature links to Google maps etc. Being able to print/pdf trip summary, fuel data would be an excellent feature to have at some point.

With my Peugeot, I linked up the car and phone from the day I collected the car, as a new factory build. What do the trip # numbers actually relate to, as mine start from #61 rather than #1 ?

I noticed that some trip # are missing, so I suspect that is where a journey has been combined. Just seemed odd that it started with #61

Fantastic work!
stoic   
Sun May 06 2018, 08:07am
Thanks for the comments.

bluehdi wrote ...
Having tried the new version, it now successfully imports this .myc file, and it also now works with my new 3008 NAC connected system (.myp) file, so its very useful. The actual Peugeot system is pretty much identical to the Connected Citroen system. apart from being a bigger touchscreen.

Good so I can now say it works for Citroen and Peugeot ConnectNav systems aswell as SMEG+ systems.

bluehdi wrote ...
Being able to print/pdf trip summary, fuel data would be an excellent feature to have at some point.

Adding the ability to print is easy, however it is very fiddly so unless anyone has a despirate need, I'll leave that for one of my last jobs.

bluehdi wrote ...
With my Peugeot, I linked up the car and phone from the day I collected the car, as a new factory build. What do the trip # numbers actually relate to, as mine start from #61 rather than #1 ?

Trip #, aka Trip Number is an ID that the connected car system uses to identify each trip/journey. I did initially hide that column, however later found it handy as I could sort by ID to get everying in trip order. You can click on the grid titles to sort by "Trip #", "Distance" and "Address".

The starting number is similar for me. My trips start at #39. Perhaps it only starts recording when you first connect the MyCitroen/MyPeugeot app?

bluehdi wrote ...
I noticed that some trip # are missing, so I suspect that is where a journey has been combined. Just seemed odd that it started with #61

Dunno about that one! You're probably right - a combined trip. Perhaps you turned the ignition on, but didn't go anywhere?

Incidentally, I did notice on the SMEG+ data that there was an "Altitude" entry which doesn't come up in the ConnectNav data. Assuming altitude is measured in meters, one time you were at 2m and then another time you were at 65,000m! The data didn't seem realistic so I didn't do anything with it.

Anyway, enough !"£$% computers! I'm off out in the sun with my kids!
stoic   
Sun May 06 2018, 06:44pm
Brand new web site for My Connected Car!

http://myconnectedcar.zapto.org

This small web site provides a step-by-step screenshot description of how to export your MyCitroen or MyPeugeot data files, and a step by step screenshot description of how to use My Connected Car.

The web site also saves me needing to upload any new versions to OneDrive any more.
2 User said Thank You to stoic for this Post :
 AndrewM (12 May 2018 : 09:08) , Duck999 (14 May 2018 : 11:22)
stoic   
Fri May 11 2018, 01:21pm
I just thought I'd post an update of my progress further developing this Alpha build. These additions won't be released just yet.

Done
(1) Added ability to assign a registration and name to each car in the list.
(2) Added the ability to search the DVSA database for car and MOT details.
(3) Added the ability to view, print, PDF an individual trip report.
(4) Added the ability to view GPS locations on a Google map, Bing map, Here! map, TomTom map, Open Street map, Google satellite, Bing satellite, Here! satellite, Google street view, and Bing street view (where available).

In Progress
(5) TODO : The ability to run reports on the trips that have selected in the list. Initially I intend to...
(a) TODO : Display and print a list of the trips that have been selected.
(b) TODO : Display and print line, histogram, scatter and pie charts of selected journey data and trips. eg Speed/MPG scatter graph, etc.

Now is the time to suggest anything else...
Duck999   
Mon May 14 2018, 11:39am
Member No: #48434
I tried the app. Nice work there

A few suggestions:

- Could date columns be sortable?
- A tip telling users that double-clicking on a row will display details of the trip. I found that out by accident!
- Show fuel consumption (or MPG?) on the main window because that's one of the most things to know about a trip.

More challenging things:

- A way to quickly see the trips and total trip information for a specific day or time period?
- Graph over time showing MPG for distance groups e.g. 1-10mi, 11-20 mi etc. so to see when MPG starts to drop - may indicate car may need servicing?

There's more but I'll stop here

stoic wrote ...

I just thought I'd post an update of my progress further developing this Alpha build. These additions won't be released just yet.

Done
(1) Added ability to assign a registration and name to each car in the list.
(2) Added the ability to search the DVSA database for car and MOT details.
(3) Added the ability to view, print, PDF an individual trip report.
(4) Added the ability to view GPS locations on a Google map, Bing map, Here! map, TomTom map, Open Street map, Google satellite, Bing satellite, Here! satellite, Google street view, and Bing street view (where available).

In Progress
(5) TODO : The ability to run reports on the trips that have selected in the list. Initially I intend to...
(a) TODO : Display and print a list of the trips that have been selected.
(b) TODO : Display and print line, histogram, scatter and pie charts of selected journey data and trips. eg Speed/MPG scatter graph, etc.

Now is the time to suggest anything else...

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member