or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

NAC Software Update - Firmware Update Error - 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
findmak   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 04:42am
Member No: #54656
I have tried to update the software for the latest update using the Citroen update:

21.08.87.32_NAC-r1

I downloaded this update and it get's 1/3 of the way on the update screen then brings up the error:

Firmware Update Error.

Remove USB stick

And goes to the blue screen of system has limited functionality when I remove the USB stick. I have tried 3-4 times and it seems to do this each time.
I tried with a few different USB sticks as well.

Any ideas what I should do as it is stuck on the blue screen?
neilp   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 05:38am
Member No: #3384
Have you tried downloading the update again. Format the USB and copy the files to the flash drive again.
findmak   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 05:40am
I have downloaded a fresh copy each time from the citroen website.
I have tried with the following sticks: 64gb usb stick (formatted to fat32), 32b usb stick and a 4gb usb stick.
neilp   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 08:00am
findmak wrote ...

I have downloaded a fresh copy each time from the citroen website.
I have tried with the following sticks: 64gb usb stick (formatted to fat32), 32b usb stick and a 4gb usb stick.

Okay it's not that then.
findmak   
Fri Oct 15 2021, 12:44pm
Can I reset/reboot the system somehow?
neilp   
Sat Oct 16 2021, 04:14am
There should be an option to reset somewhere in the meu or via one of the buttons. (perhaps the gear button)
I'm not familiar with your C4 menu system I'm afraid. A reboot will happen every time you start the car.
I suppose you could try disconnecting the battery for 30mins and see if that helps. Settings will go back to defaults.
findmak   
Sun Oct 17 2021, 10:49am
I tried a BSI reset but that has not helped.

Would the manufacturer not cover any of these under warranty as they have supplied this software?
Do I need to replace the internal headunit or the screen as well? Will a new one be plug and play or does it need to be configured to my ECU?

I hooked up the diagbox and it gives me the errors:
Error in communication between the telematic and independent telematic unit,
Malfunction touch screen ECU (Voltage outside range)
BSI error: Fault no communication with telematic ECU
neilp   
Sun Oct 17 2021, 11:46am
Whether it's covered under warranty you'll have to ask your local dealer. Depends on the age of the car but I've no idea.
Richard_C   
Mon Oct 18 2021, 09:00am
Member No: #46470
Worth a look in Peugeot forums, they use the same units and some forums (fora?) are pretty technical.

or try planete-citroen.com if you can manage the French, or use google translate to get it roughly right.

Here is one tale of woe in slightly different circumstances:

- Click Here -
EJCitroen   
Thu Mar 03 2022, 02:45pm
Member No: #55487
Hello, appologies I have been away from this forum for a little while now. Sorry it's so late and I'm not sure I can be of any use but does your car have two USB ports in the media compartment, if it does it might be worth trying the other one in case the issue is with the USB connection itself although I doubt this.

I'm not entirely sure this will help in your case as the error would make it seem like the touch screen is either receiving or using an incorrect voltage (very strange).

You asked about rebooting the touch screen - to do this simply hold the telephone button on the top left for around 10 seconds. The screen will briefly flash and may make a few popping sounds. The system will then reboot - again unsure this will help but worth a try.

Please let us know if you fix this.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member