or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Direction Indicator Issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tonyvan   
Sun Apr 15 2018, 05:11pm
Member No: #50953
Hi All.

Need some help please.

I have a 2013 C4 Picasso Exclusive Airdream and I have a Service light on and warning message stating 'Check Direction Indicators' when I do a right turn for the first time after key on.

I have checked all DI's and have found that the rear bumpers lights are not working when the boot lid pops up - I believe they switch to the bumper when the boot lid is up.

I've checked the bulbs and they are all fine.

What I'm struggling with a so simple - I could really do with a decent fuse layout the one in the handbook is 5hite) and schematics if available.

I do hasten to add that I also have a tow bar fitted but at the moment can't connect/associate (in my mind) the bumper bulb outage with the trailer tow.

I can see that there are some schematics on this forum but I can't download for some reason - probably as I'm not a premium member.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tony

FrankBullitt   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 02:11am

Member No: #19238
Hi Tony, yes you will need to join as a premium member to download the information - has the issue arrived at the same time as having the tow bar fitted or was the bar on before the issue occurred?
tonyvan   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 09:39am
OK Thanks FrankBullit

The tow bar was fitted when I bought it over 4 years ago. I was having a few problems with my sat nav and did a couple of battery disconnects to see if it would fix it but it caused this issue...doh.

Not sure if Iv'e blown the trailer tow module or a fuse...or something else. It's an aftermarket trailer module so I'm suspicious that it might be that.

The fuse diagram in the owners handbook provides only a few of the fuse details.
rusky   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 12:04pm
Member No: #27768
It could well be the aftermarket trailer module causing the canbus confusion thinking there's something connected to the towbar plug that isn't.

I believe that if you're towing, some rear lights are disabled automatically.
tonyvan   
Mon Apr 16 2018, 02:06pm
I've found the trailer tow module instructions (PCT Logicon ZR2500) and there's no connection to CAN only hardwired to the individual signals e.g. LH indicator, RH indicator, Reverse light etc.

The fuses to the module are OK but there are some fuses behind the glove box that are really hard to get to that I don't fancy trying to pulling them all out, I fear that I might have to

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member