or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

Bizarre Electrical Issue affecting lights, wipers etc

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
matpj   
Wed Apr 11 2018, 03:40am
Member No: #50924
Hi guys,
joined this forum a moment ago to try and find out what the hell is happening to my C4 VTR+

Recently had a SERVICE light come up with information on the screen saying front fog light. Fair enough, I thought.
This was after a few days of the service light and warning beep momentarily appearing and then going.

Figured i'd change the front fog bulb at the weekend.

Then.... driving home and suddenly no front headlights, no front wipers, no washer jet motor.
Lluckily it was light and dry outside.

Next morning... everything fine.

Day after, wipers suddenly stopped mid-stroke.. front headlights went out, then came on, then went out, then main beam came on, then went out.... without me touching a thing...

is my car possessed?

if anyone can shed any light on where to even start looking that would be fantastic.
Right now I have no clue. Clearly its not a fuse issue but I don't have experience with these cars and where possibly sites of water ingress are etc. or areas where wires can rub.

Many thanks,
Matt

rusky   
Wed Apr 11 2018, 04:48am
Member No: #27768
Without having fault codes, either a knackered battery or faulty engine bay fusebox.
matpj   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 03:51am
Member No: #50924
Thanks Rusky.
I'm trying to locate my fault code reader so will post codes when I have found it.
Strangely the rear of my car is working fine
just the front - was rather fun when the wipers stopped working yesterday in the rain!
oh and the lights randomly come on with their full beam without me doing anything!

yovavb   
Thu Apr 12 2018, 12:56pm
Member No: #14234
apart from the engine compartment fuse box, there is another electrical panel above the battery. check both for loose connections, loose cable end or a loose crimp. front and rear lights don't share the same electric circuits.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member