or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

C4 near side mirror adjustment issue.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JX2566   
Thu Apr 05 2018, 09:34am
Member No: #50865
Hi everyone, I’m a newbie but decided to post the issue I have with my C4.
My C4 is new in November 2017 but we have a problem due to wife’s height!
She is around 5ft 5 inches tall and when she is sat in drivers seat she cannot adjust nearside mirror enough to see side of car.
Took it to dealer for a “authorised Citroen fix” but issue is worse!
Apparently they filed down part of the internal motor mounting to enable the mirror to fold in more to show side of car but all it did was cause mirror to catch the plastic housing!
They have ordered another complete mirror unit, but I’m not sure that will work.
Works are being done under warranty so no problem having to pay.
Dealer seems to think that the C4 was designed as L Hand drive as wipers are the type you would see on those cars as well.

Anyone encountered this problem and is there a known fix for it as I’m not sure Citroen have one!

Cheers
jsg1163   
Thu Apr 05 2018, 10:29am
Member No: #50650
So this is your personal problem, not Citroen problem.... hahaha Just Kidding.

- Click Here -

This could be the ideal solution for you as these really help seeing more than you need to.

Your original mirror won't catch the plastic bit and no more replacement for the motor or other things.

This will only cost you under £5.

Good luck
JX2566   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 06:44am
jsg1163 wrote ...

So this is your personal problem, not Citroen problem.... hahaha Just Kidding.

- Click Here -

This could be the ideal solution for you as these really help seeing more than you need to.

Your original mirror won't catch the plastic bit and no more replacement for the motor or other things.

This will only cost you under £5.

Good luck

JX2566   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 07:00am
Thanks jsg1163, for the info on those little mirrors.
I had thought about those, but would really like to resolve the issue, so that she has a full size mirror in which she would be able to see the side of the car clearly; rather that looking at a tiny mirror that distorts the view somewhat.

Citroen UK customer care called me just now, but seemed to think it wasn’t their problem that my wife was less than 6ft tall!
I tried to point out that she should, at the very least, be able to see some of the side of the car; but that fell on deaf ears.

We have a Grand C4 Picasso that is 3 years old and has done 31,000 miles, which we were going to trade in for the newer model, but after this, have this morning, ordered a new 5008 instead. I know, a bit petty, but I didn’t like their attitude towards their customers.

We will wait and see what fitting the new wing mirror unit brings, but I doubt it will fix the issue.
Don’t want to trade in my wife, she may be short, but is beautiful and 25 years younger than me.

Keith   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 09:35am
Member No: #25323
I don't know if this may help but on a few R/H DS4 the mirrors for L/H drive were put on (the angles are different for LH/RH drive cars). Whether this was an error or they ran out of mirrors for R/H is anyone's guess. A few DS4 owners had their near side mirror replaced and it cured the problem.

Has your wife tried sitting in another C4 to compare. When I had my C4 my wife had no problem and she is 5'2".

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member