or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: The Garage

EGS software question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
DeuxChevaux   
Sun Apr 01 2018, 05:46am
Member No: #16472
As some of you will be aware I have been a promoter of the EGS gearbox which I had on my old 2007 1.6hdi C4. It was and still is the best gearbox I have ever had. My son now has that car and it is still ecellent. I now have a 2013 1.6hdi DS4 with EGS type of gearbox and am not at all impressed with it so have decided to look at having the latest software patch loaded at a main dealer. Gulp!

So my question is - what is the latest update software for the EGS box? I know there was one in 2014 but am not sure if it was applied to my car despite a main dealer service history.
DeuxChevaux   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 11:30am
I can now see why there are no answers - I have booked the car into a main dealer for an upgrade of the software - apparently they do not know what is available for each vehicle, they hook the car up which then goes on to their central web thingy and downloads whatever is available for that car.
I'll report back after if it helped
DeuxChevaux   
Thu May 03 2018, 02:56pm
And for what its worth - upgrade and re-calibration done and whilst not perfect its massively better than it was. I think I may just keep the car as a failure to improve would have meant a new car of probably another make
DeuxChevaux   
Sat Jun 16 2018, 04:39pm
As an update to this thread - software was an improvement but just not good enough to keep the car. The dealer gave me a C4 Cactus with EAT 6 gearbox to use while they worked on my car. Terrific improvement over my own car. I looked at an EAT 6 gearbox car and ended up with a 2.0l 180 bhp DS4 with the same trim etc as mine - so its gone.
Pity as the 2007 C4 EGS was the best car I have ever had - the DS4 with EGS the nicest car spoilt by the worst software controlling the best engine and gearbox combination I had in the previous car. Tell me why Citroen did this to such a good combination - it's beyond me.
crapday   
Mon Oct 29 2018, 01:19am
Member No: #11964
I loved my C4 1.6 with the EGS box and altho I now drive a C5 1.6 with the EGS, the C4 was slightly better. Now my pal bought a 2012 C4 1.6 with EGS and its changing later than mine and the engine is racing before 2nd is engaged at about 17mph.

My first auto was in 94 and it was an 89 Volvo 740. My next auto was the C3 XTR Sensodrive. I loved that wee car but my sons legs got too big and getting kneed in the back was getting tiring ,

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member