or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

The Faulty Keyfob Issue - A most simple fix?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BusterDan   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 04:05pm
Member No: #37679
So I've had a broken keyfob, the spare worked fine and I could place the broken one in the car dash holder and the car would start. But keyless entry/starting would not work and by all accounts this seems quite a common problem.

I had tried changing the battery but that didn't seem to help, I had all but come to the conclusion the keyfob was broken

But the I looked at it, looked at the working one, looked again and realised I'd done something pretty stupid, made all the easier by a fairly poor and not very resilient design. I had basically pushed the + pins that are at the side of the holder down into the body of keyfob. This is extremely easy to do as the pins are very thin and then its not obvious what you've done (unless you compare the two fobs).

Carefully lifting the pins back into position is all it needs.

3 User said Thank You to BusterDan for this Post :
 jsg1163 (21 Mar 2018 : 05:07) , BigJohnD (23 Mar 2018 : 09:41) , jpayne71 (18 Apr 2018 : 09:35)
jpayne71   
Wed Apr 18 2018, 09:45am
Member No: #17574
Many thanks for the help. I had been having issue with my fob and had replaced the battery and then it stopped working and wouldn't re-initialise, so we were making do with the second key. Decided to talk to local dealer who was going to charge £89 for a diagnostic check and thought a new key would probably be required. Due to the costs I decided to double check the battery in both fobs and sure enough I had managed to push the terminals down so that it wasn't receiving power. I agree it seems like a poor design.
BusterDan   
Wed Apr 18 2018, 01:52pm
Member No: #37679
Glad I helped... yes poor design but fortunately an easy fix..... I wonder how many people have paid a lot of money for a replacement.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member