or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Does this look right to you? Heater/fan blower

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Arwing   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 12:16pm
Member No: #50154
The motor driving the fan/blower is so noisy. Not only this but i think an asthmatic could breath with more power. It takes forever to demist and i cant feel the air coming out. Now, i took a replacement fan out a 307 assuming it would be the same - It's not. But when i took my blower fan out it looked different to all the others i've seen in the past.

My fan/blower from a 2008 C4 Loeb is pictured on the left. The 307 one is on the right. Does this look normal to you? It doesnt have the white "blades". Not sure if this is normal or if someone else has had it out in the past and dismantled it.

Arwing   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 12:19pm
There's a 2007 C2 Furio at my local scrappy. Anyone know if it's the same part off the top of their head?
rusky   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 02:42pm
Member No: #27768
The one on the right looks close to mine. Are the blades in the housing somewhere as that really doesn't look right!
Arwing   
Wed Mar 21 2018, 04:48am
Despite being noisy (and i mean really noisy) the fan does spin. But without the white blades, i can't see how it'll generate any wind. I checked the vent housing and there's nothing left up there. I suspect someone in the past has taken the blower out because of the noisy motor and either dismantled it or dropped it and broken the blades somewhere along the line.

The fan on the right is from a 2002 307 and is clearly too big. I'll check the 2007 C2 furio at the scrappy today. Now i have mine off i can compare. I think there's a 2005 307 there too so will try that too. Maybe some parts changed between 2002 - 05 on the C4 & 307.

Cheers. Will post my findings later.
Arwing   
Tue Mar 27 2018, 09:04am
Just to update. I finally have air and the power of de-mist again. After checking multiple 307's and several citroens (Piccasso C4 and C2) at the local scrappy, i couldn't find the same fan as mine. So i typed in the part number and got this one for £15 delivered from e-bay off a 307. Which was pretty good seems the scrappy would have charged me a tenner anyway.

After 10 minutes of basically fisting my air vents, i managed to find the remnants of my fan blades. I had wondered if the blades were internal but after seeing the scored marks on the edge washer, i knew that couldn't be the case.

Job done

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member