or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

Firmware update gone wrong

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
vastgoed   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 08:01am
Member No: #50743
Hello,

I'm a dutch C4GP driver since 2 months.

After receiving an e-mail of Citroën with links to the map-update, i read the my-citroen-page. There was also an update of the firmware (from 21.05.90.42_NAC-r0 dd 2017-07-27 to 21.06.47.34_NAC-r0). Before updating the map i thought it was wise to update the firmware.

I have unzipped this file to an USB-stick (fat32) along with the license-key in a license-map. There where also a couple of mp3's on the stick.

With the engine turned on, i put the USB-stick in and the update-proces started. The blue progress-bar appeared, but in the end the system reported a failure and asked to remove the USB. So i did. The system displayed "software loading on demand". Plugging the USB in again didn't work.

After waiting for another 30 minutes i turned off the engine. I formatted the USB and put the firmware and the license on the USB again. Now the system reported: "Firmware update failed due to a corrupted file!"

The next day the screen reported "software loading on demand", but after another try with a different USB it reported: "Firmware update failed due to a corrupted file!" again. Maybe it is important that my car wasn't linked to my wifi-network and the SOS-system isn't activated (i just learned my cardealer was supposed to do so).

Now what to do...? I have an appointment with the cardealer in 3 weeks, but that is an awfull long period without the connect nav.

vastgoed   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 05:03am
No suggestions at all?
matjam   
Fri Mar 23 2018, 09:31am
Member No: #47314
Have you re-downloaded the firmware, in case it corrupted as it was downloaded?
vastgoed   
Thu Mar 29 2018, 04:58pm
I've downloaded the firmware again. Formatted the USB again. Used the same unzipprogram as I used the first time (7-zip). Also created the license map with my key.
This morning i gave it a new try on my way to my work. And it worked!

In the afternoon i also managed to install my map-update (v8), so now i'm all set up to find my way home

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member