or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Market Place :: Market Place

WANTED: Citroen C4 2007 1.6 Hdi Hatchback Engine Undertray

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Markta   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 09:10am
Member No: #49278
As per title.

I think previous owner took car into garage for oil change and did not re-attach it. Garage no longer have it so on the look out for genuine parts OEM replacement.

I could collect if local to me in Norfolk or Suffolk otherwise happy to pay for courier at cost price.

Cheers
Magistrate   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 10:25am
Member No: #1731
Unless a member has one hanging about (unlikely) I would try breaker yards or failing that a dealer.
MiniPaulo   
Fri Feb 23 2018, 10:06am
Member No: #13367
I have one you can have... but I am in Swindon.
Mine broke, never fitted it tho as couldn't get the last bit of my original off.
I think maybe one or two of the holes are broke, but still useable.
Sat in back of garage as I haven't cleared that far back to throw it out!
don't have the materials to wrap for posting tho. I dunno if courier would take it unwrapped.
FakeConcern   
Fri Feb 23 2018, 02:31pm
Member No: #24127
Are you sure it had one originally? My last VTS (in fact any of my 3 VTS) didn't have an undertray when I got it. I bought one on ebay and fitted it. It made no difference to anything, such as time to warm up, noise, MPG etc. It just made it harder come oil change time! Anyway at some point I happened to look up the original build on ServiceCitroen and found it was never fitted with an undertray from new!
Markta   
Sun Feb 25 2018, 10:12am
MiniPaulo wrote ...

I have one you can have... but I am in Swindon.
Mine broke, never fitted it tho as couldn't get the last bit of my original off.
I think maybe one or two of the holes are broke, but still useable.
Sat in back of garage as I haven't cleared that far back to throw it out!
don't have the materials to wrap for posting tho. I dunno if courier would take it unwrapped.

That’s good to know and thanks for the offer. Let me know how much you’re looking for it.

It’s for a C4 1.6 HDI VTR+.

Could you let me know what the measurements are and il make some enquiries re courier.
Not sure if it’s possible to wrap it in old collapsed cardboard boxes?

Thanks again.

Mark
Markta   
Sun Feb 25 2018, 10:21am
FakeConcern wrote ...

Are you sure it had one originally? My last VTS (in fact any of my 3 VTS) didn't have an undertray when I got it. I bought one on ebay and fitted it. It made no difference to anything, such as time to warm up, noise, MPG etc. It just made it harder come oil change time! Anyway at some point I happened to look up the original build on ServiceCitroen and found it was never fitted with an undertray from new!

I have a C4 1.6 HDI VTR+ and bought it off my stepdad.

I inspected the car before purchase and noticed it had an undertray fitted as one check I did was check the condition of the sump for oil leaks etc and remembered it was not possible to view from underneath. He took it for an oil change and it couldn’t have had the tray refitted or been removed by someone else etc.

Assume it’s there to help protect against moisture ingress on engine sensors, noise reduction and to reduce emissions coming up from the vehicle in front.

Agree it’s a pain to remove every time for the oil change. A good 6 bolts and studs if I recall correctly.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member