or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

C4GP Exclusive Boot Camper

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
iscom   
Tue Feb 20 2018, 11:48am
Member No: #20936
Just completed my prototype boot camper. Having made a Berlingo Camper I thought I would give my C4GP a makeover the main advantage is you still have use of the boot when not using as a camper. I still have to “tweak” it a bit now that I have the basic design

stoic   
Tue Feb 20 2018, 02:39pm
Member No: #49774
That looks great. Well done!
iscom   
Wed Feb 21 2018, 01:38pm
This differs a lot from my Berlingo Boot Camp but a lot easier to build. I needed make the crates fit underneath whilst giving enough space for your feet when sleeping also keeping the bedding below the rear window line when using as a normal car.
Whilst driving the crates hold Holliday items and when parking up for the night the crates go on top. I think I will add another sliding drawer with can be used as a table and maybe use a thinner bedding (as this was from my Berlingo). When I am happy with the design I will make a new one and apply a wood sealer
I originally made the camper when I was to travel across Europe and not sure what places or times I would arrived and this was a backup in case we could not find a B&B, but to my surprised the family loved it and so never stayed in any B&B
iscom   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 06:35am
Just booked The Rosslare (Ireland) to Cherbourg ferry ready for my Easter trip to Spain or Portugal I will decide when leaving France where we will go
iscom   
Tue May 07 2019, 05:31am
I have nearly completed the final part of my Boot camper by adding " Always On" Power supply I connected to the battery via the bulkhead (having a Fuse at both ends) and using a RHUDO to control the 12v and USB outputs plus the placement of the 240v Inverter mainly for charging Laptop using the fitted rear USB socket.

iscom   
Sun Jun 09 2019, 07:00am
I am already for this years visit to Spain this time sailing on the worlds largest car ferry**.
Just making sure every thing is packed plus just testing my new "Power Cooling Box" I had to double check as in the car was was 19c inside the box was 8.9c after being on for 90m mins with the "always on" connection and set to 11.1 volts to auto turn off. Its been connected for two hrs just debating if I should leave on and see how long before it turns off . . .

**The W.B Yeats in numbers
1,800: passenger capacity
195: length in metres
3: kilometres of car space
51,288: gross tonnage
679: freshwater tanks capacity (tonnes)
22.5: service speed (knots)
7.8: weight of its two anchors (tonnes)
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 11 2019, 11:00am

Member No: #82
That's a big ship - a bit like the ones between Hull and Rotterdam. I think the Pride of Rotterdam weighs in at about 60.000 tonnes.
iscom   
Sat Jun 22 2019, 02:20pm
Back from my trip to Massalfassar, Valencia Air con worked a dream on set a 19c on Auto (28c Outside). I need to do a few more "Tweeks" needs to be about 2" higher without blocking rear view and to give more leg room (solution = increase height and reduce depth of foam bedding. also to fit a catch to stop storage boxes from moving forward when breaking suddenly.

The Car did 64.7 mpg (there & back) Fill up in Spain (1.14 euro per litre) and re filled in Galway with 53 litres. I was getting 67.2 till I hit the Pyrenees

The only problem was in Dublin due to lack of car space prior boarding and the ship can carry 1,200 cars but ship was no where near full Where as in France Lots of car space as ship was loaded a lot faster.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member