or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4 GP Exclusive+ park assist nearly destroyed the car behind!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
khsofiane   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 03:31pm
Member No: #42486
Hi guys

Just upgraded to the 2014 exclusive +, still testing the waters at the moment, I have few issues amongst of which hte park assist which I tried today and I got luck the car hit the kerb otherwise it would have been the car behind me, has anyone had this issue before? is this an issue of calibration or a fault?
Basically I selected park assist then followed the screen, after the audible sound and R display I engaged reverse and then steering wheel went on full lock car started slowly reversing all of the sudden after the second full lock the car accelerated sharply and hit the kerb rear camera showing a very near miss of the car behind and parking sensors all red with traingle, if I did not break it would have been a crash with a possibility of a write off.

Any thoughts at all?

The other issues I am having are as follows:
1- cruise control gets cancelled every time there is a car 100 yards in front of me, I know it is adaptive cruise control but the problem is it wont start again it pauses itself and then I have to accelerate manually or loose speed, I tried it everywhere it just won't work according the manual.
2- the Eco/start function works whenever it feels like, and to be honest I do not want it, the trouble is everytime I turn it off, it is back on after engine restart.
3 - Sat nav is useless and will not allow postcode search (either UK or france), any solution?
5- Bluetooth seems to be an issue as well, either listening to tracks from my Iphone or when on the phone I hear myself back?!

Sorry for the long message and hope some of you can participate, all your inputs are much appreciated

routemaster1   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 04:57pm
Member No: #574
I don't understand what is happening here. As far as I know the only thing the park assist does is to do the steering. Accelerator and brake are controlled by the driver. I have it on mine but I have never used it. I will give it a try!
FrankBullitt   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 12:42am

Member No: #19238
I tried park assist on a demo and yes, you certainly control the pedals yourself, it simply steers for you but it won’t brake.

Stop start is well documented, the PSA system is clever but relies on so many parameters to work that it’s a minor miracle when it does.

Your cruise sounds like it has a fault, time to go to the dealer on that one.
routemaster1   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 01:55am
If you don't like the stop/start operating you always have the option of not stopping in neutral, or just keeping your foot on the clutch.
khsofiane   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 02:45am
routemaster1 wrote ...

If you don't like the stop/start operating you always have the option of not stopping in neutral, or just keeping your foot on the clutch.

thanks for the input but my car isn't manual, and the eco / start is engaging whilst in gear (whenever it feels like )
M7irl   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 02:47am
Member No: #50020
With the park assist, even if it is telling you to reverse, you can switch back to forward early and it will deal with it, just maybe taking an extra manoeuvre to get in. Or if there's a car uncomfortably in front you can switch back to reverse early.

It really is just an assistance, you still get to be in control even if it's adjusting the steering automatically.
routemaster1   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 03:11am
khsofiane wrote ...

routemaster1 wrote ...

thanks for the input but my car isn't manual, and the eco / start is engaging whilst in gear (whenever it feels like )

Sorry, so easy to assume that everyone else's car is like your own.
Wutang   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 08:28am
Member No: #46858
with the cruise control your collision warning system might be set to paniky mode, go in to the menu and adjust it down to short I think it is. when it triggers it will deactivate the cruse control. also check what distance the active cruise is trying to maintain. with cruise active press the mem button and on the lower screen to the left will show you what it is set to in seconds.

Sat nav and Bluetooth, it sounds like your software is out of date, you should be able to enter postcodes in the town / city box.

update SMEG+ software and Maps
khsofiane   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 09:11am
Wutang wrote ...

with the cruise control your collision warning system might be set to paniky mode, go in to the menu and adjust it down to short I think it is. when it triggers it will deactivate the cruse control. also check what distance the active cruise is trying to maintain. with cruise active press the mem button and on the lower screen to the left will show you what it is set to in seconds.

Sat nav and Bluetooth, it sounds like your software is out of date, you should be able to enter postcodes in the town / city box.

update SMEG+ software and Maps

I have gone through all the options before posting my query, did not make any difference
beemanga   
Wed Feb 21 2018, 05:32am
Member No: #41746
Mine is exclusive+ also and as others have said, the park assist only controls the steering while you control the brake and gear selection. You got lucky there by hitting a kerb it seems!
Mine has adaptive cruise also and what you describe is how its supposed to work. The system tries to keep the required distance from the vehicle in front but on pre-facelift cars like ours it just uses the engine to control the speed - it cannot brake. So if the traffic slows down too suddenly and the car in front gets too close, the engine cant slow you enough without braking so the Cruise cancels and it gives you a warning to brake. Hope this makes sense.
1 User said Thank You to beemanga for this Post :
 jsg1163 (12 Mar 2018 : 16:38)
khsofiane   
Wed Feb 21 2018, 07:14am
beemanga wrote ...

Mine is exclusive+ also and as others have said, the park assist only controls the steering while you control the brake and gear selection. You got lucky there by hitting a kerb it seems!
Mine has adaptive cruise also and what you describe is how its supposed to work. The system tries to keep the required distance from the vehicle in front but on pre-facelift cars like ours it just uses the engine to control the speed - it cannot brake. So if the traffic slows down too suddenly and the car in front gets too close, the engine cant slow you enough without braking so the Cruise cancels and it gives you a warning to brake. Hope this makes sense.

I understand what you say but my adpative cruise cancels itself whilst cars are 200 yards away and doesn't adapt to their speed although the difference between my speed and theirs is very small like 2 or miles an hourm for example if I am doing 42 and they are on 40, adaptive cruise should adapt to their speed 40 and follow through, am I wrong?

beemanga   
Wed Feb 21 2018, 07:36am
Member No: #41746
Ah I see. That doesn’t sound quite right. Maybe you need to get it checked out at the dealers.
erikthevogon   
Sun Mar 25 2018, 09:05pm
Member No: #44574
Park Assist:

You are in control of the speed of the car, the system turns the wheels that is ALL. You operate the brake, or the accelerator, or whatever. The car will creep forward/backward just like any car if you take your foot off the brake and let it idle, particularly on a hill. Perhaps you were reversing, took your foot off the brake, and the car crept forward fairly fast into the kerb - no matter, it is your responsibility to control the speed of the car. The sudden acceleration was probably you taking your foot further off the brake.

I haven’t ever found it inaccurate in parking; it has gotten close to the kerb once or twice. But don’t forget, at any point in the manoeuvre, you can put the car into “forward”, it will readjust the steering for you, put the car into “reverse” it will do some more; you can park with a 10 point turn if you like, but you are in control of the direction and speed. It will NOT stop of its own accord, even if you are heading straight for a kerb or a person!

Cruise control: this sounds like the correct behaviour if you’re coming uo the back of the car in front. If they are going substantially slower and the car can’t slow enough in time to speed match, and it looks like you might “rear end” the car in front, then it disengages. This shouldn’t happen all the time, and not in fast moving traffic with good stopping distances; in lots of heavy traffic this tends to happen all the time, and I don’t use cruise in heavy traffic. It’s possible you have a problem with the system, hard to tell.

Eco start/stop: many many things affect this. Airconditiong/heating for example: the car uses energy to power the heating/aircon; if you are idling at traffic lights, the start stop may only engage for ten or twenty seconds, and then the engine will start again, as the car does not want to use battery power to run the aircon; it needs the engine running. If you are using lots of heating/aircon, you’ll find your start/stop rarely engages at all, as it is a heavy power draw, and needs the engine running. You’ll probably find that if you turn off all extraneous electrics (aircon/heat/heated seats? Probably other things - phone chargers??) then the stop/start will engage more frequently.
Rosanbo   
Sat Apr 14 2018, 12:33pm
Member No: #49885
I turn the stop/start off every time I start the car.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member