or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

"Availability of Connected Services"

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Mon Feb 12 2018, 01:03pm
Member No: #49774
I have a 2018 C4GP Flair so have the inbuilt SIM. I've recently had to train my dealership on how to enable "connected services". I've been watching the "TomTom Traffic" text appear and everything seemed fine until this afternoon.

If I sit on my drive which is in a mobile dead-spot and wait 2-3 minutes the "TomTom Traffic" SatNav text appears. This afternoon I was parked in Leicester City (strong phone signal), and simply got in my car and drove - no 2-3 minute wait. The "TomTom Traffic" text did not appear at all, and the "Availability of Connected Services" setting stayed "unavailable". When I got home 30 mins later, I locked the car, allowed the lights to go off, and then restarted then engine (basically a classic turn off then on) and waiting 2-3 minutes. Hey presto the TomTom Traffic text appeared. did my car simply need a reboot? Was it just a fluke? Do "Connected Services" expect you to wait 2-3 minutes? What do you think?

Thanks

[Sorry - perhaps this should have gone in the "Ice / SatNav" sub-forum?]
wozza   
Tue Feb 13 2018, 06:52am

Member No: #2
Surely it is constantly trying to connect and update the info. Could just be one of those daft errors that can happen. It should have been able to connect once moving though, otherwise it would never update during travel if that was the case.

Likely just turning it off and on fixed it. Think we have all had random computer / phone issues where doing that has fixed it.
EssexBoy   
Tue Feb 13 2018, 08:17am
Member No: #49115
I don't have a built in SIM, but connect via mobile phone. Typically the TomTom Traffic symbol will appear about 1 or 2 minutes after setting off from cold, and a little quicker after a short stop. I drive alot in areas with a poor mobile signal, and in those circumstances find that once connected, it tends to stay connected, but if I have stopped and the signal is weak, it will take a while to reconnect.

If you hold down the telephone symbol (top left around the lower screen) for 5 seconds and release, it will reboot the system. Useful for occasional gremlins.

It might be my imagination, but the latest firmware update (21.06.47.34_NAC-r0 dated 2017-11-28) seems to have made the screen a little more responsive, and connections more consistent.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member