or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Condensation and loose bonnet, boot and door seals

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
M7irl   
Fri Feb 09 2018, 05:50am
Member No: #50020
Just wondering where I would find information on how the different seals are attached inside the boot, bonnet and doors. 2014 C4 Grand Picasso, Exclusive+ model.

I've some condensation appearing inside the xenon headlight and LED tail light units, and although cabin seems fine, I've noticed the big fat seals around the doors (on the chassis side) seem a bit loose too (seem to just push on to the chassis, but they keep coming slightly loose).

Inside the tail gate, at the top, the seal seems loose on the door at the two top corners (near the hinges). Does this need to be somehow glued on? Is it normally loose? Inside the bonnet, at the back of the bay below the wipers, the seal seems to clip on and it wasn't quite connected in. Also there seem to be sponge type pieces at the corners that retain water? Seems odd?

In the absence of any Haynes type manual, what's the best bet for checking everything is as it should be? Local Citroen dealer gave the car a clean bill of health (engineering report), but I hadn't specifically mentioned the seals - and I wasn't planning to be back there till Nov for servicing.

Not sure why the seals would be loose - there's evidence of a possible coating applied to the car's paintwork (couple of embedded flecks on one door, sort of slight drip on another though barely there), maybe the seals were removed for detailing purposes?
dmpzsn   
Fri Feb 09 2018, 12:43pm
Member No: #25128
I think you'll find there's a problem with the tailgate seal, mine has come away on one side and I remember another fm has reported it. Not sure about the others thought, sorry.
Dave
routemaster1   
Fri Feb 09 2018, 01:45pm
Member No: #574
Found one end of mine loose the other day whilst inspecting for spoiler cracking!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member