or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

Replacement headphone covers (or replacement headphones) for C4 GP ent/DVD system?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Pablo_C4   
Sat Jan 27 2018, 07:23am
Member No: #1782
Firstly, I found topic no. 107042 which partly asked my question but couldn't see the response (is it archived?) hence I'm posting now....

My 2007 '56' reg C4GP came with the DVD entertainment system, it works fine but the foam covers on the wireless headphones are shot. I wouldn't have thought for a moment that these covers are a Citroen replacement part (probably not even the complete headphone unit themselves, though it would seem a little over the top to have to replace these just for the sake of some foam). Questions: (1) does the earpiece itself (i.e. the bit that sits on the ear) come off (by pulling? twisting??) so that I could fit a new cover - the cover is folded neatly under the lip of the earpiece body to make a tight fit. I notice two small screws immediately above the earpiece, are these perhaps securing the earpiece to the headphone body? (2) can any other wireless headphones be used instead?
rjbean   
Fri Feb 02 2018, 01:07am
Member No: #44050
Hello, I haven't measured mine yet but I have found these - Click Here - There are some on eBay but at £9.95 a pair seems expensive.
They do a cushioned leatherette version that is slightly cheaper. - Click Here -
There are instructions and links to instructions for how to measure and fit on those pages.
rjbean   
Sat Feb 03 2018, 02:53am
I have found the foam earpads cheaper on American Amazon - Click Here - . You can get 2 pairs for $5.99 plus $4.06 shipping to UK. So that would be about £7.20 for 2 pairs. You can buy up to 4 pairs (without paying import duty) for $16.11 (approx £11.45) delivered. I have just ordered 4 pairs, and if they are OK, I will make the other 2 pairs available
iscom   
Sat Feb 03 2018, 04:34am
Member No: #20936
I have bought many items from many parts of the world including the USA and many costing over a hundred pounds and I have never had to pay any custom duty So I don't think you would have any problems other than the delivery time
rjbean   
Sat Feb 03 2018, 07:35am
Hi Iscom, the American Amazon site automatically added the tax for more than 4 pairs. I assumed it was to prepay import duty but I may be wrong. You can import up to £39 if it's a gift and up to £15 if it isn't a gift without paying duty or VAT. If you import a higher amount and you get a royal mail card saying you have to pay, you also have to pay them an £8 customs charge on top of VAT and duty which can make an inexpensive item expensive.
It does seem to be pot luck if you have to pay or not. Once I ordered an android head unit for a previous car from China that came through T N T and their customs charge was £25!
rjbean   
Tue Feb 13 2018, 12:47pm
The new ear piece covers came today. They do look a little handmade and there was some variance between them. They are easy to fit, you don't need any tools just stretch over and tease the edges into the slot around the edge of the headphones. They aren't a perfect fit as a couple seem a bit baggy but my boys say they are very comfortable. I'll post some pics when I can get to my computer.
rjbean   
Wed Feb 14 2018, 01:15pm
As promised, here are the photos

It would be nice if they all fitted like the one in the last pic.
Pablo_C4   
Thu Feb 15 2018, 05:07am
Member No: #1782
I got these: - Click Here - Only cost me £4.95. Not the exact shape of the earphone but with a bit of stretching and jiggery-pokey and a (blunt) knife, I managed to fold the edges under the lip of the earpiece and make it quite secure. It would need an element of earphone abuse to remove it.
rjbean   
Thu Feb 15 2018, 01:38pm
It's good that you have found an alternative. It seems bad putting my spare other 2 pairs on offer for sale as they'll be more expensive than the ones that Pablo_C4 has found but... If anyone would like 2 pairs of new teardrop earphone foam covers like the ones in my pictures for £6.50 delivered by 2nd class post then pm me
Simon24wrx   
Sat Mar 03 2018, 03:50pm
Member No: #50555
I have the dvd units but no headphones!! Can I use any infra red headphones?
rjbean   
Wed Mar 14 2018, 02:49pm
Hello Simon, I'm afraid I don't know if any infrared headphones would work but, looking at some adverts on eBay, they do appear generic. If you can, get some with 2 channels (A and B if I remember correctly) as the 2 screens can display different things if you connect another source to the phono connectors on the dvd unit

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member