or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

2012 DS4 THP 200 - Variable valve lift gear corrosion and wear.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Zingiber   
Sun Jan 21 2018, 10:39am
Member No: #49268
Hello C4 Owners

Just before Christmas I had the engine management light on with the "Engine Fault: Repair needed" message. Breakdown driver said the codes indicated a variable valve timing issue. Unfortunately he didn't write down the codes before he wiped them.

Took it into my local Citroen dealership last week. They had the car for two days and identified the issue being a corroded and worn variable valve lift sprocket.

This was the photo provided by them:

They said the part was not available on it's own, and therefore would require the cylinder head kit, at a small cost of £4000. The car is no longer under warranty.

My questions are as follows:

Any ideas on what could of caused this? Could this have been an issue with the engine as soon as it left the factory?

Regarding getting it fixed, is it possible to get this part on it's own or will I need to replace the head just as the dealership said?

Cheers for your help
yovavb   
Sun Feb 11 2018, 11:10am
Member No: #14234
I had the same message, after a week in the garage, turned out to be the engine ECU. they suspected the timing system but every step they said they replaced only one part. but some parts comes only in kits, maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member