or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports

2018 C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Fri Feb 02 2018, 08:45am
Member No: #49774
(21) Fuel was low yesterday and I got the "low fuel" warning. To my surprise, the maps popped up showing where the closest petrol stations are. I'm not sure how much I will use this feature but it's a nice touch.
(22) Detachable tow bar - gaaah! Super fiddly to fit however now I've done it once hopefully it should become easier. What didn't help was that the Citroen instruction photos seem to miss a few step and were taken from angles that were only obvious to Citroen.
stoic   
Sun Feb 04 2018, 03:46am
(22b) OK. I fitted the detachable tow bar a 2nd time and it took a matter of seconds.
(23) I bought a tow bar fitted cycle carrier and the electrics for it have a 7 pin plug, the electrics on my G4GP are a 13 pin socket. Solution : buy an adaptor. I am no expert on this matter however I assume the 13 pin socket is equivalent to the older double electric outlets on other cars?
FrankBullitt   
Sun Feb 04 2018, 08:44am

Member No: #19238
Yes, you no longer have twin-electrics for caravans, you have a single 13-pin socket which requires the adaptor for 7-pin electrics
stoic   
Mon Feb 12 2018, 01:10pm
(24) Something that bugs me but is a minor point - the position of the "0" - Zero on the keyboard! It's good that you can swap between ABCD and QWERTY keyboards however the Zero should be next to / to the right of the "9", NOT to the left of the "1". It's a pain when typing in post codes.
stoic   
Fri Feb 16 2018, 12:50pm
(25) Last week I was driving along and heard a loud crack. I thought it was just a stone on the glass. On Sunday, we noticed a crack in the driver side A-frame window above the dashboard. There is no dent from a stone and the crack seems to be inside the glass. Citroen has agreed to replace it under warranty, however it will take a few days so I'm now driving a smaller C4P until they replace the window. According to the service manager, the spot welding robots can occasionally do a duff weld, which once clamped against the glass can cause it to crack.

(26) I love Citroen cars but after a canceled original order due to a lost franchise, connected services no being enabled, 10 month out of date firmware, 12 month out of date maps, and now cracked glass, I am absolutely fed up with Citroen. I accept I could have done the firmware and maps myself, and probably will do going forward, but when you buy a car worth 10s of 1000s of pounds I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the latest firmware and maps installed on delivery.

(27) My courtesy car is a manual C4P. It may just be this particular courtesy car, but the manual gearbox is horrible! To get into 5th and 6th you have to push really hard to get it into gear. I also hate the lifting of the ring to get into reverse. I am sooooo glad I have the automatic model on my C4GP which is wonderfully smooth.

(28) Reversing camera - on my C4GP the reversing camera has a nice field of vision just above the edge of the bumper. On the C4P courtesy car, I can see the entire bumper and a load of the number plate! There have been discussions on this site about cameras dropping a bit. I'll have to watch mine closely.

(29) Park Assist Pack 360 / Vision 360. The 360 camera is great when maneuvering and ensuring you don't curb your alloys etc. It is also very handy when doing manual bay parking and helps you to know exactly where the car is in relation to the edges of the parking spot. When the 360 camera comes to sheer brilliance is when using the park assist feature as the 360 camera is automatically displayed and helps you to know where you are and control the speed of parking accordingly. The only thing I don't like about the 360 cameras is the split front view where you see front-right and front-left. It can get confusing and I'd rather have had a directly forward front camera. I'd almost go as far to say that the Park Assist Pack 360 is worth the extra £450.

(30) Speed Limit Recognition System. I was under the impression that there is a camera on the windscreen that recognises road signs. I may be wrong! The Citroen web page here talks about Speed Limit Sign Recognition and Recommendation. Hmm, I'm not convinced. Close to my home, a road had it's speed limit changed from 60mph to 30mph (new housing estate etc etc). If the speed limit sign recognition system truly worked it should realise that the road is still 30mph and not 60mph any more. The national speed limit signs have been removed. If I look on the TomTom V7 maps web site the speed limit is still recorded as 60mph. I wonder if the car uses the SatNav data rather than actual visual road sign recognition?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member