or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's everyone up to 2018

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Tue May 01 2018, 04:32am

Member No: #82
Just returned from a booze run to Champagne. 4.8l/100km on the way out (58.8mpg) but only 4.9l/100km (57.6mpg) on the return - fully loaded with almost 250 bottles!

Did the return journey of >500 miles from near Épernay to Chester in one go - if only the UK motorways were as empty as those in France. Must be the tolls.

Diesel in France was only marginally cheaper then here.

Thinking about selling the C4 and getting an estate car - which Citroën don't really make any more since the demise of the C5.
wozza   
Tue May 01 2018, 04:47am

Member No: #2
Curious what's happening with their range at moment. Like they have got rid of various segment cars. With no replacements. Wondering if it's because they are working out cars across the multiple brands and adding Vauxhall / Opel has meant it's a bit more difficult. As they want them all to start production at the same time.

It's one of my rare days off today. So think I'm going to spend it cleaning the front drive up and maybe give the cars a quick wash. Looking a bit manky at the moment not had chance to clean mine in weeks.
FrankBullitt   
Tue May 01 2018, 10:26am

Member No: #19238
BigJohnD wrote ...

Just returned from a booze run to Champagne. 4.8l/100km on the way out (58.8mpg) but only 4.9l/100km (57.6mpg) on the return - fully loaded with almost 250 bottles!

250 - crikey, what are you up to!

I’m afraid I came to the same conclusion on the estate, not helped in my case by being nervous of another 2.0HDi ‘blue’ which is where we ended up with a Passat which I have to say is actually a lovely car whatever people think. I did consider an older 508 2.0HDi (EU5) but Mrs FB wasn’t keen on an older car
riven1962   
Wed May 02 2018, 09:35am
Member No: #18905
Completion of the house was a couple of days ago (30/04/2018), just glad to be rid of the house now. It's just not to worry about now, was costing me lots while no tenants lived in the house. The money was in my account the same day, happy result all round.
FrankBullitt   
Wed May 02 2018, 01:19pm

Member No: #19238
We’re in the process of trying to move house, we have had an asking price offer from a cash buyer and are waiting to get confirmation that the house we are looking to buy is ours
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member