or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

Philips amp location / replacement in C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JLMA   
Wed Jan 10 2018, 03:06pm
Member No: #50224
Hi!

I have C4GP Exclusive 2007 with Philips sound system. Some time ago it went silent and after some search it didn't seem like it's unique occurrence. I opted to change to Alpine head unit to get Bluetooth-streaming added, but unfortunately for me, I didn't take into account that adapter leads won't work in systems that have separate amplifier installed. All sound signals seem to go to the amp, so it looks like there is something wrong with the amp (not necessarily fried as sound does work sometimes, but for most of the time not).

However, I cannot find any info where this amp is installed in the car. I looked under front seats and there is only subwoofer under passenger seat but nothing under drivers seat. I really need to find it so I can check the connections and possibly get a replacement part. Has anyone here done the replacement?
RavenLongbows   
Wed Mar 21 2018, 06:19am
Member No: #48946
Hi.
Has anyone any info on this. I am looking for the amp due to the similar problem on my 2008 C4 Picasso Lounge. Great car but no sound.

There seem to be lots of posts with the same/similar problem. Someone must have found the solution by now!
Victorious   
Sat Apr 14 2018, 03:34pm
Member No: #50944
Any updates on this? -- I want to fit an aftermarket stereo to our Picasso Lounge but have the same issues--no sound
calderscot   
Wed Apr 25 2018, 07:20am
Member No: #29187
Hi
I have the same problem, CD30 I think the fault code is, the amplifier is not working.
I understood the amplifier was under the seat, but there's very little information on this I can find.
I found the speaker connections at the back of the radio work fine, so I've made a temp repair by connecting a speaker directly to the radio, thus bypassing the amp.
The reverse sensor works fine using this solution.
I now just need to find the amp location, I can then wire the speakers up directly, bypassing the amp.
The amp seems to be unreliable.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member