or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Diagnostic / fault readers?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Arwing   
Tue Jan 09 2018, 02:49am
Member No: #50154
I'm new to modern cars but have quickly realised a diagnostic machine is essential. Can anyone recommend one for the C4? Where to buy it from? price? etc. As with most things, i'm sure there are some cheap nasty ones knocking around with the good ones.

Also where does it plug in? I know where it is on a Golf but obviously every car is different.

Cheers.
KenC   
Tue Jan 09 2018, 03:30am
Member No: #18024
My cheap and nasty one works for me , its saved me a lot of money
Arwing   
Tue Jan 09 2018, 03:44am
When i said "cheap and nasty" i meant in build quality. In other words, are there certain makes/models to avoid? Likewise, certain ones to go for.

So what do you have? Where did you get it from? and how much was it?

Reason i ask is my brother bought one for his Golf and it was useless. When he asked what he was doing wrong on the forums, he got the reply: "you're doing nothing wrong". It was just a famously bad code reader he'd bought. He was recommended another one by those members and this one works exactly as it should.

Thanks.
KenC   
Tue Jan 09 2018, 10:29am
Member No: #18024
I got an elm 327 from eBay cost about £7, combine that with the torque pro app and you have a basic code reader! But you muat have an android phone, it won't work on I phone! because Apple control what you can use on their equipment
1 User said Thank You to KenC for this Post :
 Arwing (09 Jan 2018 : 11:01)
Arwing   
Tue Jan 09 2018, 11:03am
Nice one. Thanks. I'll look into that

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member