or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Is electric handbrake calibration required after brake service

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Avelar   
Mon Jan 08 2018, 02:12pm
Member No: #43037
Hi,

I've been reading the technical documents on changing the rear brake discs and it states the handbrake needs calibrated via a diagnostics tool. Last year, before I had access to these documents I changed rear pads and caliper without calibration/diagnostics with no problems - handbrake worked fine and passed MOT. So is handbrake calibration really required?

Avelar
Avelar   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 06:42am
Member No: #43037
No replies but thought I'd reply myself for the benefit of others. I've just replaced handbrake cable(LH) 2 rear discs and pads and RH rear caliper and handbrake worked fine and passed MOT without need of calibration.
wozza   
Thu Jan 18 2018, 07:15am

Member No: #2
Think it normally auto caibrates for simple pad changes. It's when something goes wrong it usually needs some help.

Bit like the EGS box. It can do a lot on its own. But occasionally needs a hand to get it right.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member