or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Regen via Lexia or dpf cleaner?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Smitch   
Tue Jan 02 2018, 02:00am
Member No: #50155
Hi all,

I have a 2008 1.6 hdi on about 114k, the wife has been using it daily for very short runs so unsurprisingly we’re getting the “risk of particle filter blocking” warning and very occasionally underboost.

I have run a tank of fuel cleaner and it hasn’t done a thing so what’s the next best option?

I have seen the cleaner you spray into the top of the dpf so wondering if I should do that prior to a regen or both?

I have run it at high revs for an extended period but I think it’s to full to run the natural cleaning process

Thanks in advance!
rusky   
Tue Jan 02 2018, 06:49am
Member No: #27768
I wouldn't bother with any additives as they're not recommended by Citroen but I have a feeling that the DPF needs replacing at around 120k miles.

Take the car for a long run at high revs to clear, you can also fit a regen LED to let you know when the DPF regen cycle is in progress.

If you try the regen via diagbox, make sure belts etc. are in top notch condition as it puts a huge strain on the engine. There's a reason why it has to be done outside!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member